A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox

/ A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox #1  

grm61

Platinum Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti DK45SE HST Cab
It always bothered me that my DK45 did not come with a inner air filter, especially after several cleanings.
When moving dust material, with the air intake up in front, the filter gets dirty pretty quick.

There are inner and outer filters available at Napa, made by Wix, that fit the air box nicely.

The outer Napa/Wix filter has a lot more pleats than the stock Kioti filter....more surface area to catch and hold dirt before clogging.

The inner filter is there in case any dirt ever got by the outer filter.
Providing you don't have a breach of the outer filter, the inner should last a very long time.
Cheap insurance IMO:thumbsup:

Copy of phone pics 275.jpg The Napa/Wix outer filter is on the left, you can see it has a lot more pleats than the Kioti unit on the right.

Pics below show the inner filter in the housing, then the outer over it.
Happy Tractoring :)

Date stamps on pics are wrong:p

Attachments

• Copy of phone pics 276.jpg
    Copy of phone pics 276.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Copy of phone pics 277.jpg
    Copy of phone pics 277.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Copy of phone pics 279.jpg
    Copy of phone pics 279.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 188
   / A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox #2  
good idea. They should come from the factory with an inner and an outer filter. I put the inner on mine at about 35hrs. If you haven't already I would suggest you grease the sealing surfaces too.

Oh, and BTW, the inner filter clogs first with the fine dust that the outer filter lets through and therefore should require less or even no cleanings, but more frequent replacements.

That is a Donaldson airbox, so many brands will cross reference, including Donaldson

/ A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox #3  
Good advice. Thanks for sharing.

/ A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox #4  
That outer filter don't seem to work for me.:confused: I can't get the cover closed.:(

/ A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox #5  
That outer filter don't seem to work for me.:confused: I can't get the cover closed.:(
Ya know what they say, Murph... ya need a bigger hammer!

Or wait, is this where duct tape gets used to fix it? Heck, use both. :laughing:

/ A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox

Should work without issue;)

Murph,that area is tight getting the cover on/off.
Take the nose cone and side cover off, you got a strait shot at the filters now, push the inner filter in good, you could spit on the rubber to make it slide in easier, push the outer on good..Then the left hand springy c-sucker that holds the nose cone on....pull that out...that will allow you to put the lid on centered without fighting it...Then on the side of the lid that the latches engage..... look back there... there are little little indentations where the clips need to engage..if those aren't lined up you cant snap the latches over.

Leme know if you get it in alright.

/ A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox #7  
I don't know when or why they ever went to one filter.
But the older model DK's came with an inner and outer filter.
My 2001 DK 35 came with 2 filters

/ A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox
good idea. They should come from the factory with an inner and an outer filter. I put the inner on mine at about 35hrs. If you haven't already I would suggest you grease the sealing surfaces too.

Oh, and BTW, the inner filter clogs first with the fine dust that the outer filter lets through and therefore should require less or even no cleanings, but more frequent replacements.

That is a Donaldson airbox, so many brands will cross reference, including Donaldson

If your plugging up filters outers or inners, especially an inner, your running your chit way to long between cleanings/repalcement.
Grease it not necessary on this type of sealing surface ..on a dirt bike yea, but not with this type of filter.

I don't know when or why they ever went to one filter.
But the older model DK's came with an inner and outer filter.
My 2001 DK 35 came with 2 filters

Maybe the figured they would sell more replacement engines that way, and save money at the same time:laughing:

/ A little piece of mind for the DK40/45/50 and likely others that use the same airbox #10  
Never heard that before.
If the inner filter is getting any dirt on it, there is something wrong with the outer filter.
The inner filter should rarely need changed if the outer filter is doing its job.