Dk40 hst creeping backwards

/ Dk40 hst creeping backwards #21  
Who knows, there could be instances of either. As I said it's just a thought that may prove to be relevant over more hours of use or not. Did you fill the HST filter before installing it? IIRC my dealer said to do that to prevent cavitation.

/ Dk40 hst creeping backwards
Cm, I didn't fill the filter with oil when installing it. I'll give it some time. Unfortunately. I'm probably done useing it till the spring.

/ Dk40 hst creeping backwards #23  
My old tractor with HST started doing the same thing ( creeping forward or back on occasion) over 3000 hrs. at the time. I took the centering valve apart cleaned it up did some adjustments on the linkage and so far after another 700 hrs. is working well. I've never put oil in any of my hydraulic filters when replacing them with no abnormal results.

/ Dk40 hst creeping backwards #24  
I used some kind of semi-flat black epoxy paint I had floating around the shop. It's actually a pretty close match. Seriously, I would not care if I painted it NH red. I just don't want it to rust, that's all I care about.

/ Dk40 hst creeping backwards #25  
I used some kind of semi-flat black epoxy paint I had floating around the shop. It's actually a pretty close match. Seriously, I would not care if I painted it NH red. I just don't want it to rust, that's all I care about.

Well, John Deere green might be taking it a little far.

/ Dk40 hst creeping backwards
Njgsp, thank you for the great pics. I finally got around to adjusting the neutral adjustment coupling. And thankfully that repaired it. I removed the "c clips" that held it on, removed it and backed off the front nut which allowed me to extend the front piece a little. I must've also bent something (still don't know) somewhere as the nut were all painted on and it didn't "fall out) of adjustment. So glad it was a simple fix.

/ Dk40 hst creeping backwards #28  
Njgsp, thank you for the great pics. I finally got around to adjusting the neutral adjustment coupling. And thankfully that repaired it. I removed the "c clips" that held it on, removed it and backed off the front nut which allowed me to extend the front piece a little. I must've also bent something (still don't know) somewhere as the nut were all painted on and it didn't "fall out) of adjustment. So glad it was a simple fix.

Happy to help! I'm also happy to report that the reverse creeping has not returned either.