Tire chains on DK35SE with cab

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab #1  

Maineiak

Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
Has anyone put chains on a DK35SE with a cab? I know people have issues sometimes with clearance so I am trying to figure out if I just need the chains or will I have to have spacers as well. Also any recommendations on the type of chains is welcomed. I am pushing a plow and my dirt driveway is steep and can get icy at times.

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab #2  
I have these chains on my DK45SE, same as your machine I believe.
DuoGrip Tractor Tire Chains
Just put them on snug and they will slack up with use. I have no problems with clearance and the chains work well in the woods and plowing snow.
IMG_1473.jpg

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab #3  
I have DUO chains on my non-cab DK35SE with R4's. The DK35 uses different rims than the DK40's and up. The DK35's rims are non-adjustable and have tight horizontal clearance (about 2") to the ROPS/fender support on the rear and the front axle components on the front. The DUO's on the rear work but I must run with them tightened on the tire and riding above the centre line of the tire. Small 2 link ladders(old truck chains) on the fronts were also a challenge and need to be installed with no slack and riding high on the inside of the tire.

Although the DK35 has the same frame as the larger DK's the tires have a smaller diameter than the DK40 and up. The frame vertical components angle slightly to the inside. The DK's smaller wheel diameter thus places the chains closer to the frame.

If you have R4's you will likely find you need shorter cross links for your chains than the chain vendors recommend. At least that's my experience. The shorter cross links improve clearance by putting the side chains higher on the sidewall.

Rear spacers would easily solve the rear clearance problem. I looked into spacers from a TractorByNet seller, Bro-Tek(Bro-Tek: Tractor Add Ons). I see the website has not improved and it looks like he only sells Kubota equipment and no spacers. But he does sell spacers for the DK35 Kioti. The spacers looked good and I would have purchased them had I not been able to get the chains to work without them.

Last edited:
   / Tire chains on DK35SE with cab #4  
I have these chains on my DK45SE, same as your machine I believe.
DuoGrip Tractor Tire Chains
Just put them on snug and they will slack up with use. I have no problems with clearance and the chains work well in the woods and plowing snow.
View attachment 400646

GM,

What is that attached to your 3ph ? :confused3: I'm trying to figure out if it is for pulling something VERY heavy, or something else ? ? :confused: Looks cool ! ! :cool2:

Dave

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab #5  
GM,

What is that attached to your 3ph ? :confused3: I'm trying to figure out if it is for pulling something VERY heavy, or something else ? ? :confused: Looks cool ! ! :cool2:

Dave

Thats a logging winch.

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab
Thanks for the information guys!! The Kioti dealer nearby here actually responded to an email last night and stated he has the spacers I need in stock and did recommend them or it would be tight like KCO mentioned. To bad tirechains.com do not offer anything but a 4 link chain for the front of my R4 tires (27x10.50x15). It's amazing how very few sites there are that offer chains for all tractor size tires. :mad:

Once again thanks for the responses. :thumbsup:

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab #7  
Thanks for the information guys!! The Kioti dealer nearby here actually responded to an email last night and stated he has the spacers I need in stock and did recommend them or it would be tight like KCO mentioned. To bad tirechains.com do not offer anything but a 4 link chain for the front of my R4 tires (27x10.50x15). It's amazing how very few sites there are that offer chains for all tractor size tires. :mad:

How much for the spacers? I run the Aquiline talons on my DK35se, and it is extremely tight.. Requires a lot of messing with to get them to clear..I wish I had some spacers.

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab
That was my last email to him and have not heard back on the price yet. I will let you know when he replies or after I call him tomorrow.

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab #9  
That was my last email to him and have not heard back on the price yet. I will let you know when he replies or after I call him tomorrow.

thanks

/ Tire chains on DK35SE with cab #10  

I think the chains TireChains.com or others specify for the 27x10.50x15 will not work on the DK35 with R4's. Here is a link showing my front chains:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...nly-front-chains-post3135822.html#post3135822

They are small truck chains with the cross links high on the sidewall, and yet have small clearance to the front end components. I was going to order skid steer 2-link square-link ladders for the front. But upon measuring with the old truck chains I had on hand(which were similar in crosschain length) I found they would be too long and interfere with front end components. You also likely want lighter chains with smaller cross hooks for the fronts rather than the heavier DUO's whose cross hooks require more clearance.

Although the suppliers specify chains that fit the tires they don't know if they will work for specific machines.