loader relief valve

/ loader relief valve #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
What is the correct loader relief valve setting (psi) on a ck35?
I have the KL130, I believe the max setting should be 2000#, but I'd like to doublecheck.

Last edited:
   / loader relief valve
I have conflicting figures on the recommended relief valve setting for the ck35.
Brochures say 2000 psi, while the workshop manual says:
2489-2560 psi.
Big difference, would really like to know what others here have there's set at.

/ loader relief valve #3  
I'd believe the WSM, that's more inline with other compatible models.

/ loader relief valve
Thanks Ken, I tend to think your right, but 2000# vs 2600 psi is a big difference. What repercussions would there be in having a relief set at 30% above specs?

/ loader relief valve #5  
Thanks Ken, I tend to think your right, but 2000# vs 2600 psi is a big difference. What repercussions would there be in having a relief set at 30% above specs?

If a loader was not designed for 2600 it could be damaged since it increases the lift capacity, but I certainly would not expect that with most tractors. Some people jack up their relief valves to give them more lift. I think that is foolish since it can just create other problems.

I have always kept my loader reliefs at around 2500 psi and other reliefs around 2000 psi. If you want to have your loader relief at 2000 psi, it won't hurt anything. I see what you are looking at in the link below. The second link is a 2006 forum about some bad steel in Kioti loaders. I see references to the KL120 and 130 loaders down farther in the link.

KL130 Front End Loader | Kioti Tractors

What do you guys think of the Kioti loader problems? [Archive] - Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Edit:
In looking at the different models of loaders in the first link, Kioti is specifically specifying the relief valve settings differently for different loaders, yours being the lowest. Given all this, I would not increase your relief valve setting.

Last edited:
   / loader relief valve #6  
Increasing the relief will increase the loader lift & bucket breakout force, more stress to the laoder frame. The Bobcat version of the CK like mine does have 2550 (+/- 50 psi) as the setting but uses a different loader. The question is valid, did Kioti reduce the normal relief setting from 2500 to 2000 when loader added to protect the loader frame? If that is the case this also reduces the max pressure (lift capablity) of the 3 pt hitch, oil for the 3 pt goes thrugh the loader valve first.
In the WSM, does it show the location of the relief valve? If so is it pictured as part of the loader vavle or is it in valve block located just below the gear pump. Standard tractor without the loader option would have this separate valve block with relief at the gear pump, when loader option is added that valve block is removed and relief is at the inlet of the loader valve.
This MIGHT be why there is a discrepency between the manual and the literature.
Have you installed a guage and tested to see what max pressure is yet?

/ loader relief valve #7  
Chuck, have you tested the PRV setting of your machine?

/ loader relief valve
The wsm I'm referencing says that without the joystick, the main relief valve is in the hydraulic block and should be set at 2489- 2560 psi.
The relief valve integrated with the joystick, the setting should be 2560 psi.
But the Brochure on the kl130 says 2000 psi.
I haven't checked it yet Ken.
See my confusion!!

/ loader relief valve
"The question is valid, did Kioti reduce the normal relief setting from 2500 to 2000 when loader added to protect the loader frame? "

Ironically, the wsm is dated much earlier than the kioti brochure.

/ loader relief valve #10  
KL130 Front End Loader | Kioti Tractors

I believe the 2000 psi on the loader is a general low setting on certain tractors for safety reasons.

With the relief set at 2000 psi, certain tractors can lift about 1,155 lbs at the pivot pins. What that means is to tilt the load back so the mass is over the pins.

A smaller tractor with the loader relief set at 2000 psi might do well, but if the loader relief psi were to increase, and the loader bucket fully loaded, just might tip the tractor.

So if the loader is installed on a larger tractor, and relief set higher, you would probably have an increase in load potential.

The loader probably has the potential to go to a higher relief setting, and you could try and see if your tractor can operate safely.

You might call the tech's at your dealer and see what they recommend.

Extra weight or loaded tires might affect the balance or lifting potential.

If you do have to keep the 2000 psi setting, that will affect your 3pt lift potential.

Last edited: