How to install 12v fan in my cab

/ How to install 12v fan in my cab #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi all. I bought a 12v fan for my kioti. The end has a cigarette lighter like plug in my tractor does not. So what would be the easiest way to install this fan. Install a cigarette lighter or cut the end off the fan and wire directly to battery or fuse box. Any pics , diagrams on how to would be appreciated. Thanks
Gilles

/ How to install 12v fan in my cab #2  
I'd also find other uses for a cig lighter socket, so that's what I'd install. If there a dash knockout hole for one, panel mount it there. Various surface mount types are available, one example:

12V DC Adhesive Power Socket | Princess Auto

You need to fuse the + lead at the source. If you have an empty circuit in the fuse panel, use that spot. Otherwise, install an inline fuse at the battery + terminal. You can run the negative lead to a solid frame ground, or the negative battery terminal.

I'm assuming you are working on a modern, 12volt, negative ground tractor.

Rgds, D.

/ How to install 12v fan in my cab
Thanks man appreciate your feed back. The tractor is a 2014 Kioti CK30 so I guess it is a negative ground tractor. I like that adhesive power socket at princess auto may go that route not sure yet. Thanks
Gilles

/ How to install 12v fan in my cab #4  
Kman, there is a customer use plug near the right rock arm taped up with the wire loom. Bottom fuse in the box 15A. There is also a 7.5A fuse second from the top labeled back up lights/ work light. On my ck35 hst model the connector is under where the right rops attaches. Black and a red/brown wire. My tractor is not using them. Was at the dealer the other day and he was assembling a new ck30 gear tractor with a backup light which used these wires.
I love that soft cab. Looks nice and looks easy to roll-up and store for the summer. I am guessing that its fogging up inside, thus the fan. If so let us know if it does the job...without a heater.

/ How to install 12v fan in my cab #5  
Truckstops sell the alligator clip on cigarette lighter plug that you can purchase for about six bucks if you don't want to permanently wire something in. I think they come with about 8 feet of cord. However I think having a cigarette lighter plug would come in handy in the future. So if it was me check out the customer use wire or run new wires with fuse to battery.

Kman, there is a customer use plug near the right rock arm taped up with the wire loom. Bottom fuse in the box 15A. There is also a 7.5A fuse second from the top labeled back up lights/ work light. On my ck35 hst model the connector is under where the right rops attaches. Black and a red/brown wire. My tractor is not using them. Was at the dealer the other day and he was assembling a new ck30 gear tractor with a backup light which used these wires.
I love that soft cab. Looks nice and looks easy to roll-up and store for the summer. I am guessing that its fogging up inside, thus the fan. If so let us know if it does the job...without a heater.

Thanks for the comment on the cab. I love it. It has not fogged up yet but got the fan in case it does.

Update on the cab fogging. Hi all, my cab was fogging up the other day when it was raining as I was going down to the village to fuel up. The thing is that it was fogging up outside the cab not inside lol so the fan would be useless in those situations. I am sure as it gets colder the fan will be of benefit inside to keep the air moving. Here all the snow is gone so my blower is useless lol We are expecting very cold weather coming at -16 overnight and -12 during the day till Friday and maybe some snow as it warms up again. Maybe then I will be able to play with my blower again Yay.
Gilles

/ How to install 12v fan in my cab #8  
003.jpg002.jpg

I used a suction cup mount fan and installed the Cig plug behind the seat on the tool box. Power comes from acces. wire located by the right fender ROP's. Works like a charm.