Trade-in and upgrade

/ Trade-in and upgrade #31  
Ever think about offering to do a consignment sale for a customer who is looking to upgrade. This way you help them get a sale make a little on it and sell a new machine?

Today I just got a 2014 DK45SE, hst, loader, hydraulic top and tilt with canopy and box blade on consignment. And yesterday I sold a New DK45SE and took in a CK30hst with loader and some implements. So yes i don't mind consignments or trades at all. This way you help out the customer and like you said make a little extra money.

/ Trade-in and upgrade #32  
I think the problem here is turnover. There aren't a lot of farms (working or hobby) in the area. Most people around her want a lawn tractor. In area's that are more agricultural there is a market for used tractors and trade-ins. But, that being said, used tractors are hard to come by for that reason. This is why I went with new. Used orange tractors are scarce as hens teeth (locally). So if I wanted to upgrade I'd prob do a private sale; tho' the lack of name recognition for Kioti would hurt. The "other" orange tractor prob wouldn't want a Kioti on his lot.

/ Trade-in and upgrade #33  
Today I just got a 2014 DK45SE, hst, loader, hydraulic top and tilt with canopy and box blade on consignment. And yesterday I sold a New DK45SE and took in a CK30hst with loader and some implements. So yes i don't mind consignments or trades at all. This way you help out the customer and like you said make a little extra money.

I was asking in hopes of getting others to understand that its actually the market that dictates if a trade is feasible for the dealer and basing weather they are good on the ability to take a trade or not isn't the best way to make an assessment. Did they offer any advice on the best place to advertise the private sale of your machine? Did they offer any advice on small things that they see to improve your final sale price if fixed like a small but eye catching ding or scratch? Did they immediately tell you they could and would with your approval give your number to anyone who might stop looking specifically for a used machine similar to yours? Did they offer to do a consignment if you had any trouble selling it? All these things would show me a dealers worth much more so than weather or not they were able to take the trade.

Some folks actually gave me the impression that they think its based on the machine and it couldn't happen to a kabota or a deere. Guess what I at one time was told straight out that if I didn't bother with a trade On a brand new deere they would knock a substantial amount right off the top and this shop actually had people outside looking at my trade as a perspective purchase while I was getting my quote. My other half actually had 2 good offers on it before I was done getting the quote so its not even always based on what will or wont sell but sometimes what they want to sell or what they can maximize profits with.