Tires Tire tread difference between front and back tires

/ Tire tread difference between front and back tires #1  

ron45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
My back tire tread is around a half inch deep.They look like normal AG tires and are about 40" high maybe 16 wide. The lugs have pretty well defined edges all around. The fronts and very rounded on the edges. Should I be concerned about this? I'll have to check but I think the front breaks loose while the back..... well I'm not sure enough to say if the back breaks loose around the same time. I never allow that to continue. Is there a down side to this situation. Thanks if you can help. PS finally a topic that fits my questions. What's next? Like, Don't Like. That crap is juvenile twitbook stuff.

Ron

/ Tire tread difference between front and back tires #2  
It is unlikely that the fronts will spin and not the backs since it is 4wd. IE: if the fronts are spinning and you ain't moving, the backs have to be spinning too.

My fronts become more founded than the backs also. Not sure why. I think it has to do with smaller lugs to begin with and weigh to tire size ratio is a lot more. Plus they have alit more lateral loads as they are the steer tires.

I would not be overly concerned

/ Tire tread difference between front and back tires #3  
Front tires will often wear faster than rears. They turn at a slightly different rate than the rears in one of the main reasons. 4wd work on hard surfaces is another.

/ Tire tread difference between front and back tires #4  
They will wear faster even if never in 4wd. They are smaller, lugs are smaller to start with, and they deal with the steering loads.

/ Tire tread difference between front and back tires
Well on the wear question I'm told it's because of all the directions changes managed mostly by the front wheels. My concern was more about if the fronts are rounded would that encourage more wear on the rear tires.

Ron

/ Tire tread difference between front and back tires #6  
My experience is that the rear tires will die of old age and cracking long before you wear them out.