Steering wheel position

/ Steering wheel position #1  

tooln

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE-HST
I've noticed on my DK45SE HST that the steering wheel is not always in the same position when the wheels are straight. I have a spinner on my wheel and one time it will be at noon when going down the raod the next time it maybe at 6 other times at 3. Pretty much all over the place. Is this common?

Last edited:
   / Steering wheel position #2  
My CK30 is the same way. It bugged the devil out of me when I first got the tractor.....now, not so much. I don't have a spinner on my wheel, but I can't tell you how many times I adjusted the center cap so the logo was right.....finally realized it was time to give up, and quit looking at it

I can see how it would be even more bothersome in your case, with the spinner.....but don't believe there is a solution with this kind of steering system

/ Steering wheel position #3  
Dood, you have hydraulic steering, not linkage steering.

/ Steering wheel position #4  
Complete normal. Just a byproduct of the hydrostatic steering system.

/ Steering wheel position #5  
My CK27 is the same way. I gave up on the centering of the logo cap as well. The suicide knob makes it easier to turn quickly, but I definately need both hands for when it is in the 3 o'clock position. (Bad left shoulder.)

/ Steering wheel position #6  
tooln,

I have the some thing happen with my BX2350. It is because of the hydraulic steering. there is no DIRECT mechanical link between the steering wheel and the front tie rods. Bugged the tar out of me also. I just took off the spinner, as it was NOT NEEDED. I can turn the steering wheel VERY EASILY with 1 finger and have had no problems. The steering is SO EASY that my 5 year old Granddaughter can turn it with 1 finger also. :2cents:

Dave

/ Steering wheel position #7  
Complete normal. Just a byproduct of the hydrostatic steering system.

Exactly. Anything with fully hydrostatic steering acts the same way. I've driven machines like this so much that a motor vehicle with the steering wheel off a little doesn't get my attention even when the same vehicle makes other drivers nuts.

/ Steering wheel position
I figured as much it was from being hydrostatic but just wanted to make sure. Thanks

/ Steering wheel position #9  
Dood, you have hydraulic steering, not linkage steering.
Maybe you need to brow beat the heck out of him for asking a simple question?Is it DOOD or DUDE just curious?To the OP glad you got a answer to your original question.

/ Steering wheel position #10  
Thanks guys, I was wondering this myself and was going to call my dealer and question it. Now I don't need to ask him.