New CK35 HST

/ New CK35 HST #1  

SuperSeal110

Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but been reading on these forums for the last few months. There's some great info on these forums and it's esp useful to rookies like myself in the tractor world.

A little about my homestead. I bought a house, 17 acres of wooded river bottom, and a pole barn two years ago. The house/pole barn is located inside the woods. The yard is a joke with mainly moss growing instead of grass due to how many trees are around the house/barn. The yard is hilly and uneven and needs some serious TLC! The first year was unbearable during the summer. The mosquitos were out of this world. I knew I had do something.

This past spring, my friend that owns his own tree cutting service came out to do a little work for me. He fell close to 30 trees around the house/barn/edges of the yard to get and more sun light in. That helped a bunch with the mosquitos issues, but I could still use a handful more trees cut. Throughout spring, I ended up cutting all those trees up with my saw, but the tops stayed and grass grew thick. This December I installed a indoor wood stove to burn wood with. The wood that I split earlier this spring is still to green to burn, so I've been using a sled to cut dead ash with and hauling it out. Talk about some serious workout with 20" of snow on the ground.

I've been pricing tractors since spring to grasp on what they cost/payments. I looked at Kioti, Kubota, New Holland, and Yanmar. I didn't want to break the bank and live pay check to pay check. The Kioti's stuck out for price and best bang for the buck. They also weighed a lot more which will be good when I'm pushing dirt and gravel.

I can't say enough on how well Bob and Denise From Michigan iron and equipment treated me. They went above and beyond for me and customer service is HUGE in my books! They answered all my dumb questions without hesitation and made me not feel like an idiot, lol. They even stayed open 3hrs past their closing hours to help me out.

Friday, I took delivery of a CK35 HST and a FEL. I had (MIE) install a single hook in the middle of buck so I could pull out trees on the river bottom if it's to soft to venture out on. I also ended up loading the tires with rim guard since it'll be a few months till I can but a implements for it.

/ New CK35 HST
Here's a few pictures from this weekend. I did a proper break in yesterday and sunk the front tires in on the river bottom. The tractor like when I turned and the R4's quickly started to spit mud... ended up lifting the front end up and putting wood in the holes.

/ New CK35 HST #3  
Good luck with your new tractor and working your property. I have been very pleased with the reliability and power of my Kioti. Hopefully you will enjoy yours as you prep your place..

/ New CK35 HST #4  
Enjoy the tractor. I have done things that I never thought I would be able to do. I would imagine that in LO 4WD with loaded rears, there's not a whole lot that tractor can't handle.

/ New CK35 HST #5  
One more thing, if you plan on using the tractor at night, you are going to want to install some work lights someplace on the tractor, front and back, 'cause there ain't a light yet that can shine through the loader bucket.

/ New CK35 HST #6  
Welcome to TBN and The Pack!

/ New CK35 HST #7  
Just be careful when back pulling with the front end loader. The weight in the loader may not lift the back tires but if the front tires get some good traction the torque of the front axle can quickly lift the back end up especially when the loader is raised or backing up slope. Stay safe.

/ New CK35 HST #8  
So - Why is your roll bar not up ?

/ New CK35 HST
Thank you for the welcome, everyone.

Highgear, this section of the property I hinge cut the trees last spring to screen the backside of the pole barn for deer hunting, so I had to put the ROPS down in order for it to catch on when going back there to clean up this ash.

TJP89, I'll most likely never run it at night, just till evening time. I have the rears loaded with rim guard.

Ksb, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the info. My property is pretty much flat, except the road side ditch and the foundation around the house.

/ New CK35 HST #10  
Wow... How shiny and new! Great pick and best of luck to you. Just one small advice: These ck loaders are surprisingly fragile...., they can handle pulling, but I would be careful not to overdo it and break or twist it. If possible, it's best to pull with the draw bar... Especially if you are pulling a lot of weight.