Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems

/ Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems #1  

ShowroomShine

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Case IH 55A
CS2410 has 120 or so hours on it. Recently last week we had some snow and cold weather. The power steering on the little CS started acting funny. Sometimes it will turn fine, and sometimes the wheel takes two hands to turn its so hard. Its almost as if the system is out of oil. I thought it was because of cold weather or snow buildup, but I didnt find any buildup and the tractor did this yesterday when we were at 45*.

Any ideas of what could be causing the problem? I looked in the service manual and didnt find a thing regarding this.

/ Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems #2  
Check the easy stuff first.
I'm assuming the fluid levels are good. So maybe look at the hoses to make sure nothing is getting pinched.

/ Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems #3  
Were you able to determine the problem. I am experiencing the same thing. My CS 2410 has 110 hrs and in addition to the power steering acting up my tachometer is not reading correctly and started at the same time as the steering issue. my lines, cylinder seem ok and the fluid level is fine.

/ Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems #4  
I have a 2012 Cs2410 purchased as new in February of 2015. My power steering doesnt work good when i'm mowing (normal)?

/ Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems #5  
No, not normal. Since your machine is new, contact your dealer hand have it serviced under warranty.

/ Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems
Ok update, (11 months late). Last year it ended up being a stuck valve in the valve body, replaced under warranty. Before the repair I had to hold the loader over relief to get the wheel to turn.

Fast forward to today, add 100hrs to the clock and this happens again. Have to hold the loader over relief to get the wheel to turn. Advise the dealer, having it looked at this week.

I'll be perfectly honest, this is a great little tractor but this will be the 5th time its been in the shop for something. This does not count the few problems I've had that I've fixed myself.

I think I'm going to ask the dealer to work me up a trade number on a CK27s/CK2510 with just loader. I can easily do my yard with a walk behind mower that I can pick up for a few grand on craigslist.

/ Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems #7  
I'll be perfectly honest, this is a great little tractor but this will be the 5th time its been in the shop for something. This does not count the few problems I've had that I've fixed myself.
That's terrible. Sorry to hear it.
14 years and nearing 2000 hours on my DK and its never been back to the dealer.
Never gives me any problems.

/ Kioti CS2410 Power Steering problems #8  
Maybe you have a lemon. 10 years and 800 hours for me. Fuel gauge sending unit while under warranty and an ignition switch after which probably was my cause due to some water entering while washing. Maybe a trade is in order.