50 Hour done

/ 50 Hour done #11  
So is this the small Owners Manual that's supposed to come with the tractor? I definately didn't know about the cup thing after changing the filter. But I did run my DK55 out of fuel once and it was a pain to get it going again.

Yes, But I dont think it mentions partially filling the fuel cup in the owners manual. That is something I learned here from someone else. The idea of plugging up the transmission case vent so the fluid doesn't come out quickly when just changing the hydraulic and hydrostatic filters was my idea. The idea of removing the dipstick when draining the engine oil is an old idea that people have used for years. When draining the front axle oil, remove the fill bolt for the same idea. Just little things to make thing go easier.

/ 50 Hour done #12  
Well I just had my 50 hour done and it was right at $400. That sound right?

I will definately start doing the fluids, filters and grease myself. What do you do with the fluids that you replace. Just accumulate them in a 5 gallon bucket or something and take them to a shop that will allow it?

And does it even save that much money to do the fluids, filters and grease yourself?

I don't know what you consider "much money", but I've spent $251.17 for the following

4 engine oil changes including oil filters
2 hydraulic filter changes
1 transmission hydraulic fluid change
1 front axle fluid change
1 fuel filter change

Tractor is four and a half years old, has 476 hrs on the clock, runs like a top. It's 5th oil change is due now, but feel it can wait a week or two, for better weather. Rather do my own maintenance, and repairs....then I know they are done right.

/ 50 Hour done #13  
My 50 hour service is coming up in soon. My dealer told me when I purchased the tractor that the 50 hour was free that there was no labour charge except for the fluids etc. They will come to my home and do the service there. I thought that was nice of them. I live 50 miles from the dealership. Now to wait and see how much it will cost.

/ 50 Hour done
I don't know what you consider "much money", but I've spent $251.17 for the following

4 engine oil changes including oil filters
2 hydraulic filter changes
1 transmission hydraulic fluid change
1 front axle fluid change
1 fuel filter change

Tractor is four and a half years old, has 476 hrs on the clock, runs like a top. It's 5th oil change is due now, but feel it can wait a week or two, for better weather. Rather do my own maintenance, and repairs....then I know they are done right.

Sounds like you're giving yourself a pretty good deal...family discount I guess. Yeah, I wanna make sure mine is done right too, that's why I worry about doing it myself. But I'm sure I can get plenty of good advice here, as I have already.

/ 50 Hour done #15  
My dealer did my 50 hr hydro service, labor free, since it was there to be split in half for some warranty work. I took care of the engine myself.

T2195-38031 HST filter $23.87
T2185-38031 Hydro filter $44.80
MTF hydro oil 7 gal. $168.00 Total $236.67 Sept 2013

Expect higher prices today as inflation is here.

/ 50 Hour done #16  
Some of these numbers sound really cheap I wanted to go with Spirax transmission fluid on my 50 hour service, so I spent $286 on 15 gallons of that alone at a bulk oil store. My hydraulic filter was $28 from my dealer and the Rotella for the engine from Wally Wurld was $28 for two gallons and $8 bucks for an oil filter from Napa. That's $350 and I did all the labor myself. This was on my DK45.

/ 50 Hour done #17  
Some of these numbers sound really cheap I wanted to go with Spirax transmission fluid on my 50 hour service, so I spent $286 on 15 gallons of that alone at a bulk oil store. My hydraulic filter was $28 from my dealer and the Rotella for the engine from Wally Wurld was $28 for two gallons and $8 bucks for an oil filter from Napa. That's $350 and I did all the labor myself. This was on my DK45.

Sorry...I made a mistake in my addition, total should have been $283.57...not $251.17

The biggest difference in your costs and mine, comes from the transmission fluid price, and the fact I only need 10 gallons....and even then, I have enough left over to do the front axle twice. Traveller Premium Fluid at TSC, 10 gallons came to $86.38 including the 8% sales tax, hydraulic filter at my dealer..$41.50. That makes us $186.12 apart in the cost of one tranny fluid change.

We shop at the same places to do an engine oil change.....Walmart sells me Mobil Delvac 1300 for $12.47 a gallon, my CK takes 1.5 gallons, and my NAPA filter is $6.49.....add that up... plus the 8% tax, and an oil change for me is $27.21. The one and only fuel filter I've purchased was $5.35 at a Bobcat dealer.

So there you have it....the 4 oil changes = $108.84.......the trans/hydraulic fluid = $86.38......the 2 hydraulic filters = $83.00....and one fuel filter = $5.35