3-Point Hitch Lift height on CS2410

/ Lift height on CS2410 #1  

generalbegg

Tractor
Kioti CS2410
Hey all,

New tractor owner here. I just picked up a CS2410 and I'm trying to get ready for spring(if that ever comes here in NW MN). I will be purchasing a 48" tiller, middle buster, 5' box blade, and today I picked up a carry all frame. I also picked up a Pat's Quick Change system today and got that installed. When I hooked up the carry all frame and got it leveled I was a bit disappointed at the height when I had it lifted all the way up. I realize that I am operating a SCUT and they are just little guys but I was expecting a bit more lift. For those of you with CS2410's is the lift height an issue with any other implements? Is there anything I can do to get more height? Can i move the pins on the implement down? If i do that do I also need to move the top link position down?

I guess it's not a huge deal, but I would love some input from other SCUT owners.

IMG_20150227_194630412.jpgIMG_20150227_194758146.jpg

/ Lift height on CS2410 #2  
The top link on the 3PT is adjustable in length. If you screw it up and down, you will adjust the height of the implement. With the carry-all leveled at the top of the 3PT hitch, it is not very high off the ground. I level the implement so it sits level on the ground, then raise it. This way it is tilted toward the tractor and everything stays on it. Its a good 2 feet off the ground then. If you want the carry all level at the top, it is not going to be very high and everything will fall off as you drive (learned the hard way). Also, the 3PT isn't meant to lift high, that's the loader, so nothing is ever going to be more than a foot or 2 off the ground.

I have an identical carry all on my CK35, which the next size up, and I love the thing. I put a plywood platform on it use it to haul everything, it is my most used implement besides the loader. Best $100 I ever spent.

Just realized you have a quick hitch, never used one, so it may have something to do with the lift height.

/ Lift height on CS2410 #3  
I would just drill new holes and lower the lift pins in the carry all for more lift height.

/ Lift height on CS2410
I would just drill new holes and lower the lift pins in the carry all for more lift height.

I was thinking that as well, but if I do that does the top link hole need to be moved down the same distance or can I leave it?

/ Lift height on CS2410 #5  
I was thinking that as well, but if I do that does the top link hole need to be moved down the same distance or can I leave it?

Move the lift pins first, then check the clearance at the top link, it may have to come down a little.

/ Lift height on CS2410 #6  
Doesn't cost you anything to drill lower holes, try it, if it doesn't work, move them back. Top links are pretty versatile, I think there's a good chance no adjustment will be necessary there.

/ Lift height on CS2410 #7  
It looks like Pat's easy change is giving you a little more lift but your top link looks close to max extension. As mentioned, just lower those lift pins and I would take a similar piece of angle that the carry-all is made out of and weld it on lower between the two uprights and make a new top mount location. Then you'll get the lift like the big boys. Just don't make the pins lower than your arms will go down or you won't get the carry-all to the ground.

/ Lift height on CS2410
Drilled some new holes today and I have plenty of lift now but I definitely ran out of top link! My big toe can confirm that I ran out of threads! :) I'm going to stop by TSC and grab a longer one on Monday. Thanks all!