New machine earning it's keep

/ New machine earning it's keep #1  

JohnMacca

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
I promised I would post some photos of the new machine - sorry I don't have any action shots. Here are a couple showing the new fence after clearing the burnt timber off the fence line.

Fence pic 2.jpgFence pic 4.jpg

The local Council (the government body that controls the roadsides) is pretty touchy about any tree being removed that was not affected by the fires, so you can see that a lot of trees that could fall across the new fence have to stay.:(

In fact, if you want a straight fence you have to make "adjustments", such as in this photo, to some trees that you are not allowed remove.:eek:
Fence pic 5.jpg

There is still plenty of work to be done, but the FEL with the 4 in 1 bucket sure makes life easier.

This is a shot of what another 3 or 4 miles of internal fencing looks like. The black ground sure is a contrast to the feet of snow I'm seeing from you guys in the northern US and Canada.:laughing:
Fence pic 6.jpg

/ New machine earning it's keep #2  
First, welcome to the forum. You have a very nice machine there. That clamshell bucket will really help with your brush piles. Keep the pics coming.

/ New machine earning it's keep #3  
Nice fence. What are your main fenceposts made of? They look like concrete.

/ New machine earning it's keep #4  
Nice looking tractor!! Looks like a different front loader than the ones here in the states. It looks well built what is it rated to lift?

/ New machine earning it's keep
Nice looking tractor!! Looks like a different front loader than the ones here in the states. It looks well built what is it rated to lift?

Thanks!

The plate says that it has a rated lifting load of 350 Kg (770 pounds) with 200 Kg (440 pounds) ballast. I have been feeling my way with logs, getting slowly bigger and have not tried anything yet that it would not lift. I have loaded tyres and usually a 6 foot grader blade on the back (not the stick rake in the photos). It has not felt close to raising the back off the ground.

Nice fence. What are your main fenceposts made of? They look like concrete.

Yes, the main posts are concrete, 20 metres (65 feet) apart, with steel posts every 5 metres (16 feet). This is pretty much the standard type of fence around here these days. The distance and height varies depending on what you're keeping in or out.

My late father in law used to make his living cutting timber fence posts in winter (bee keeper in summer) but more and more regulations and restrictions on what tree could be cut down just made it all too hard in the end. (It got to the stage where every individual tree had to be inspected and approved - even on private property.

/ New machine earning it's keep #7  
Yes, the main posts are concrete, 20 metres (65 feet) apart, with steel posts every 5 metres (16 feet). This is pretty much the standard type of fence around here these days. The distance and height varies depending on what you're keeping in or out.

My late father in law used to make his living cutting timber fence posts in winter (bee keeper in summer) but more and more regulations and restrictions on what tree could be cut down just made it all too hard in the end. (It got to the stage where every individual tree had to be inspected and approved - even on private property.

I make my own concrete fenceposts here in the US, I have never seen them for sale here. Do you buy those or make them? Any details or close up pictures would be appreciated. Thank you. it figures the Aussies would be on top of this. :D

I make my own concrete fenceposts here in the US, I have never seen them for sale here. Do you buy those or make them? Any details or close up pictures would be appreciated. Thank you. it figures the Aussies would be on top of this. :D

They are a commercially made product, not sure of a brand name, and they are readily available at any of the rural supply stores. They are around $AU16 each which would make them about $US12.50.

I will take some pictures and measurements and post them ASAP.

/ New machine earning it's keep #9  
They are a commercially made product, not sure of a brand name, and they are readily available at any of the rural supply stores. They are around $AU16 each which would make them about $US12.50.

I will take some pictures and measurements and post them ASAP.

I found a website. Sure wish we had them in our farm stores at $12.50. That would be nice

Australian Concrete Posts ACP fence posts are fire resistant, rot and termite resistant, ACP fence concrete posts are a great alternative to traditional timber and steel fence posts. The concrete post is strong and durable consisting of two prestresse

/ New machine earning it's keep #10  
Thanks!

The plate says that it has a rated lifting load of 350 Kg (770 pounds) with 200 Kg (440 pounds) ballast. I have been feeling my way with logs, getting slowly bigger and have not tried anything yet that it would not lift. I have loaded tyres and usually a 6 foot grader blade on the back (not the stick rake in the photos). It has not felt close to raising the back off the ground.

Yes, that is the KL135, my loader is the KL130. If the specs are right, its about 400# less lift capacity than the KL130. Looks like a slightly different layout too.