Kioti NX4510 hst problem

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem #1  

55gbear

Tractor
Kioti NX4510 hst
I bought a new Kioti NX4510 hst last fall. I now have 67 hours on it and experiencing a re-occurring problem with the calibration light coming on and the tractor won't move at all until the light goes out. This has been occurring since since I bought it and the dealer said it was a loose connection at the calibration button. I've checked the connection, cleaned it and still no help. I've changed the transmission oil, hst filter and transmission filter at the 50 hr service as per the manual, and I believe it's getting worse. Anyone had any issues like this? Dealer has not been much help.

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem #2  
I have seen this problem before do you have large feet

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem #3  
Let me se if I can explain what is happening is a safety feature built-in you are changing direction before your foot is completely off the other pedal step on both pedals at the same time see what happens this is designed to keep us from doing damage to the transmission we have to retrain our feet

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem
Average size. But how long does it take to clear itself? I have to let it set there for 5 to 10 minutes idling before it will clear itself and start working again. I've even got so frustrated after waiting 30 minutes to clear itself that I shut it down, walked home, ate lunch and came back. It worked fine for the next 2 or 3 hours.

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem #5  
Make sure that the calibration switch is turned off sounds like you may have to have that recalibrated

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem
That's what the dealership thought. They picked it up today. Will post back when I find out what the fix was. Thanks

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem #7  
I bought a new Kioti NX4510 hst last fall. I now have 67 hours on it and experiencing a re-occurring problem with the calibration light coming on and the tractor won't move at all until the light goes out. This has been occurring since since I bought it and the dealer said it was a loose connection at the calibration button. I've checked the connection, cleaned it and still no help. I've changed the transmission oil, hst filter and transmission filter at the 50 hr service as per the manual, and I believe it's getting worse. Anyone had any issues like this? Dealer has not been much help.
I have a full thread on this same issue. There were 2 things my dealer has done so far, and they are doing some more tests soon when I get my 50 hr service.

First, do you have any additional hydraulics? I have a 3rd function, and they put in a larger valve body for that. They also changed the hst screen filters to 70 microns. Evidently some of the hydraulic filters are too restrictive and the fluid was heating up. With that problem I was also experiencing a serious 'lag' time on the pedals and kind of a slipping.

I have to ask also how you are operating it? Do you do quick work and get on the pedals very fast from forward and reverse? I was doing that and had a lot of problems when I was doing that. Once I retrained myself to wait a second or two and then hit the pedals, this problem seemed to have been cured.

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem #8  
Oh, and I've also learned to do the recalibration sequence. It is very simple once you know how to do it. My dealer gave me a copy of their recal manual pages which is easier to understand than the basic manual we get. I can try to scan and copy it for you guys if you'd like, although last time I tried to post pics it wouldn't work, but I'd be happy to email it out.

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem #9  
[snip]With that problem I was also experiencing a serious 'lag' time on the pedals and kind of a slipping.

I have to ask also how you are operating it? Do you do quick work and get on the pedals very fast from forward and reverse? I was doing that and had a lot of problems when I was doing that. Once I retrained myself to wait a second or two and then hit the pedals, this problem seemed to have been cured.

Joe, after you raised the issue of lag time switching between forward and reverse in your other thread, I spent a little time last week trying to replicate the problem on my NX4510HST. Apologies for not posting my results earlier, but I've been slammed.

Tried hard to replicate the delay, in all three ranges, and in different modes (including Linked Pedal and Anti-Stall), and just couldn't do it. The lag for me is literally no more than 1/2 second. :scratchchin: I know there are some other NX owners on TBN that we haven't heard from yet on this. Maybe they'll see one of the threads and jump in with their experience.

/ Kioti NX4510 hst problem #10  
Yeah hearing this type of feedback makes it more frustrating.. If I were to switch from reverse to forward and mash the pedal I could literally count one-one thousand, two-one thousand before it would even engage forward. Even then it would engage slowly. ...