How large a box blade?

/ How large a box blade? #1  

Mark_G

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 Synchro Shuttle
I am wondering how large a box blade I can effectively use on my CK30 gear. I am thinking of getting an Everything Attachments XTreme Duty Box Blade For Utility Tractors With 30-70 HP that is 72" wide, 475 lbs and has 6 shanks. That size will clear both tires (about 65 inches across I believe). Is this a suitable size/weight?

Thank you,

Mark

/ How large a box blade? #2  
A 66" is the perfect match for my 63" sidewall to sidewall tractor.
Tractor weight, with FEL & BH subframe is about 5500#.
Box blade is a Cammond C2C, 760# and cuts into the soil nicely.
I only have 32 HP, so I like keeping the box as narrow as possible while still covering my tire tracks.
Also: Top-n-tilt will help boost your productivity - a lot.

/ How large a box blade? #3  
If I'm not mistaken that is very close to the same tractor as the Bobcat ETA commonly uses in their videos. I'd bet one of the ETA guys could advise you right on what to get.

/ How large a box blade? #4  
I think your tractor would handle it, but its on the big side for sure. I wouldn't go bigger.

/ How large a box blade? #5  
I recently purchased a DS3510 Gear, and the dealer sold me a Rhino BX66 with it. It's about a perfect match.

/ How large a box blade? #6  
I am wondering how large a box blade I can effectively use on my CK30 gear. I am thinking of getting an Everything Attachments XTreme Duty Box Blade For Utility Tractors With 30-70 HP that is 72" wide, 475 lbs and has 6 shanks. That size will clear both tires (about 65 inches across I believe). Is this a suitable size/weight?

Thank you,

Mark

Mark

I have a Kioti CK27 HST with R4 tires and FEL. I use a 6 foot Box Blade (Bush Hog SBX72 550 pounds 6 shanks) that seems to work well. My box blade use is mainly spreading loose material and leveling. Some use of the shanks for digging in clay soil and taking dirt/grass high spots off in the field. The Box Blade extends past the rear tires about 6 inches on each side which is what I like to get the blade closer than the rear tires. Some might like the box blade the same width as the tires if you are working close quarters, so the 66 inch would be another good choice. I keep the box blade on all the time as a FEL rear ballast. The rear 3 point seems to lift the 550 pound box blade without issue. I would pick the same 72 inch width again for my use with a CK27/30/35. Your CK30 should work well with the 72 inch 475 pound blade you are considering

Take care

Wayne

/ How large a box blade?
Thanks all, I have a 72 inch box blade on the way. I should be able to get it Friday and start my projects this weekend.

Mark