Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner?

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner? #1  

Iron Oak

Tractor
Kioti CK30
Hello all,

I go to pick up my new CK30 HST tomorrow. This will be my first tractor and I'm looking for some sage advise from you fine folks on must haves or things that have helped make your life a little easier with the day to day use of your tractor.

I am a former mechanic so I have a fair amount of tools.

One thing I can think of is a grease gun with pistol grip and the famous LocknLube. Anyone had better luck with a particular brand on the grease gun or is the nozzle the more important part?

Anything else you can suggest?

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner? #2  
Thinking implements? Grapple, by far, is my most useful piece of equipment. Pallet forks are versatile. A nice add-on to protect your tractor would be a decent grille guard. The factory guards provide little real protection. Extra remotes are required for many implements. Oh ... A chain-wrench to get the factory filters off on your first service interval. You may want the dealer to load your rears before you take it home.

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner? #3  
If you are going to be using a box blade, then a hydraulic top link is almost a necessity. So you will need a set of rear remotes, and as long as you are doing rear remotes, get both of them and get the set that has the 2nd remote with the float function.

If a grapple is in your future, then either a 3rd function on the loader or a set of hoses run from a set of rear remotes up to the front.

Think of everything that you might want to use the tractor for, now is the time to get your best deal from the dealer on extras on the tractor and or implements.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner?
Thanks everyone,

Implements are on the list but I found better deals through everything attachments.

I plan on getting the 66" box blade and a 60" rotary cutter. A set of rear remotes and a hydraulic top link will be shortly there after.

I'd like a grapple for the front as I plan on doing some light logging or at least something for the 3pt in the rear to pick up logs to drag. At some point a backhoe but I could spend as much on the implements as I did on the tractor pretty quickly lol.

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner? #6  
Hello all,

I go to pick up my new CK30 HST tomorrow. This will be my first tractor and I'm looking for some sage advise from you fine folks on must haves or things that have helped make your life a little easier with the day to day use of your tractor.

One thing I can think of is a grease gun with pistol grip and the famous LocknLube. Anyone had better luck with a particular brand on the grease gun or is the nozzle the more important part?

Get your rear tires filled with Rimguard.
Rear hydraulic remotes--2 sets (minimum), 3 sets is better
Get the skid steer quick attach option for the FEL on your tractor.
Get a good size toolbox and bolt it onto one of the fenders. The factory toolboxes are way too small.
Get a sunshade that bolts onto the ROPS
Get some type of cup holder for your water bottle if that tractor does not have one already
I use an expanded metal screen that attached to the ROPS on my Mahindra 5525 with hose clamps for protection while mowing.

Mahindra ROPs screen-1.JPGMahindra ROPS screen-2.JPG

Good luck

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner? #7  
Hello all,

The LocknLube will be too big to grease the loader. At least that's what we found for my neighbour's CK27. It is still very handy for all other fittings. If your tractor is like most Kioti's you'll need a good filter wrench to get the factory-installed filters off. They are installed ridiculously tight.

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner? #8  
A good set of work lights for the rear.
Keep a set of all filters on hand especially an air filter. Many times the need to change out an air filter has arisen long before a service interval.
I don't know how the battery is mounted in the CK but in all my tractors one of the first things I have started doing is putting the battery in one of those marine style plastic battery boxes right from the start.
Check your tire air pressure right from the start as it seems most come with way too much pressure in them when delivered.
Even with it being new always go over the nuts and bolts for the loader, wheels and backhoe and any sub-frame supports that the dealer has installed way too many folks I know have lost bolts and lugs for me to ever trust the set up to be 100% again. Also ensure every fitting was greased prior to use as I have seen some missed as well.
The bucket level indicator on Kioti tractors has been known to come loose also, so its probably best to get some lock tight on it from the start to avoid bending like so many have done before.
The tool box is too small for most folks so it might be wise to look for an alternative.
If you plan on keeping it outside get a cover for the ignition switch, many folks have had problems with them and keeping moisture out should go a long way in prolonging its life span

Good luck and enjoy the new machine!

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner? #9  
I could spend as much on the implements as I did on the tractor...lol.

I did, in fact I've spent MORE on implements than I did on the tractor.

Remember, it's the implements that do all the work, the tractor just powers them!

If your doing any amount of anything other than moving snow and dirt, you will find a grapple the most useful tool you can imagine.

/ Suggestions for must haves for a new Tractor owner? #10  
Seat time. Priceless.
Actually my most used go-to tool is a ten foot length of 3/8 chain. I can skid logs, lift stuff with the bucket, pull stumps, haul cars and trailers around, and a bunch of other chores.
Get some good rigging hardware and you will always be using it.
Implements spend 99.999999% of their life on earth sitting around doing nothing.