Yes, The CK20HST CAN DO!

/ Yes, The CK20HST CAN DO! #1  

KiotiJohn

<font color="#FF641A">For anyone considering buying a CK20 or CK20HST, I am here to tell you that it is really great tractor. I now have just over 40 hours on it and today I pulled down a 20 feet tall Camphor tree with it. I had pulled some pretty large pine logs with it before with no strain, but this was incredible. I tied up high on the tree with a hook in the drawbar, pulled the tree over some and then went around the other side and pushed it down with the FEL. The went to the other side again and pushed it around until the roots that were still holding just gave up and came out of the ground. No, it wasn't a really large diameter tree, maybe 5 inches, but it had a lot of roots. The CK didn't complain at all and just did it's thing. From boxblading, to boompole pulling, to brush hogging, to all types of loader applications, this tractor handles tasks really well. Try one yourself, or wait until around June for the CK25, CK30, but you will absoulutely fall in love with a CK. John </font>
http://www.bigtractorsupply.com/CK20Action.htm

/ Yes, The CK20HST CAN DO! #2  
I looked at the new CK30 prototype last weekend at the big
show here in Louisville and I liked what I saw. The CK25 is going to be very similar and I've figured that 25 hp will be enough. I've put the 25 at the top of my list. It sounds like I might be underestimating the CK20. From the sound of some of the tasks you've tackled with yours it might do the job and be less $$$$$ than the CK25. What type of tires are you using? I've decided on R4s as the best option for primarily a mowing, landscaping and clearing combination of tasks. Does this sound reasonable? I've also got myself almost talked into a hydro. It seems too user friendly to pass up.
DMB

/ Yes, The CK20HST CAN DO!
<font color="#FF641A">Well, let's see. I use the R4s as they seem to be pretty friendly to my yard. Unless I just go over and over and make a lot of turns, there is little evidence I've been there on the grassy parts. I had one front tire mire down in the muck today near the creek where I've been pushing limbs and tree trunks, but I put the loader down and rolled back, engaged the rear differential lock and it came right out. The tire was down to the axle, but no problem. The HST is wonderful. Gears are wonderful too, but I can just move faster and get a good loader rhythm going forward/backward with the HST with little effort. I find almost no times when I wish I had more HP. Mowing, loader work, box blade work, boom pole, dragging with the drawbar, all seem to be adequately done with the CK20. If I do get a larger tractor, it's only going to be in addition to this one as I am planning on doing work for other people and if I need another one, I'll go with a CK30, HST. I think you would be quite reasonable in saving some money and getting a CK20. Unless you just need to carry larger 3pt implements (I generally stick to 4ft, although the book says one may use a 5" mower). Another thing about the CK20, is that it gets around in my trees where a larger tractor would be more difficult. Something to think about. I hope this helps. If you're in Florida or South Georgia, Check out my dealer. www.bigtractorsupply.com </font>
CK20Action

<font color="#FF641A">I'd like to go a little further with the part about almost never wishing I had more power. One of those times was when I was trying to move about a 12' long, maybe 14" across, oak tree trunk that was dry, hard and difficult. I was using a boom pole (see my pics) in the loop closest to the tractor. I would start to move it and the hydraulic relief valve would kick in. Since I hadn't really used a pole much, I didn't realize how much better it would work if I put the rope down on the cross beam near the bottom of the pole. I hooked it up that way and lifted the end of the log a little and took off with NO complaints from the tractor. Before I got wise and moved the rope lower, I thought I need more HP, but turns out, it just wasn't needed. One thing to remember with any of these actions though is to go slowly. No need to get in a hurry and no need to snatch anything, because all you'll do is damage the tractor. The CK20 will pull plenty if one just knows how to place the pulling rope/chain. I know now! John</font>
CK20Action

/ Yes, The CK20HST CAN DO! #5  
R4s seemed like the right choice to me. It seems they work OK for you in some of the same jobs I'll be doing. The CK20 with a hydro probably does deserve another look before I make a final decision.
DMB

/ Yes, The CK20HST CAN DO! #6  
John glad you like your tractor.
But do you think you can lose the orange fonts?It is a little brite

Sure thing Powerstroke. I just do it so I can see mine better! But no problem. John

/ Yes, The CK20HST CAN DO! #8  
The orange font is OK by me, but have you ever whipped out a Kioti brochure to show one of your pals something and before they see the printing on it they assume you're looking at the other orange tractor?
DMB /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( have you ever whipped out a Kioti brochure to show one of your pals something and before they see the printing on it they assume you're looking at the other orange tractor?
)</font> Funny you should post that. It happened to me twice the first day I had the brochure. Oh! Your going to buy a K.....!! Nope, Kioti. John