NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #11  
I second the hypothesis that the pressure is a little low - based on what my similar loader can do. incidentally my dealer said the tractors often come in below the pressure spec and asked if I wanted him to check and adjust it before delivery (I said heck yea!)

Now that is an interesting little titbit. I never would have thought to check or ask about this.

Goes to show how reading TBN threads that are 'un-associated' with your own rig leads to new knowledge, eh? :thumbsup:

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #12  
Hey Rocky, just saw this old thread... have you done any other testing on your loader? I'm also a little surprised that you can't lift more. I have lifted 2400 lbs ON TOP of a pallet & forks with my Massey, and my factory PSI is set much lower than the Kioti PSI (closer to 2500psi). I assumed that these loaders were pretty close on their lift-strength, all things considered.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity
No, except that I found out that if I curl the load back I can lift more, however holding a pallet level it would lift the 2000 lbs load to approx. 4' height.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity #14  
Hello RockyNy,
I am interested in a nx6010. did you have any counter weight on back of tractor, or were the tires filled? I will be using it to unload 2500 pound pallets off of a tractor trailer. From your experience with the 2000 pound pallets do you think this would be able to complete the task safely? I would only be driving the pallets a short distance to garage over level ground.

/ NX6010 / KL6010 pallet lifting capacity
Hello RockyNy,
I am interested in a nx6010. did you have any counter weight on back of tractor, or were the tires filled? I will be using it to unload 2500 pound pallets off of a tractor trailer. From your experience with the 2000 pound pallets do you think this would be able to complete the task safely? I would only be driving the pallets a short distance to garage over level ground.

You will definitely need counterweight on the rear, regardless of whether your tires are ballasted or not. My rears are loaded with Rim Guard, I tried 2000lbs without additional ballast but the back lifted right up. I put a 800lb cultivator on the 3pt for additional ballast. As to whether it will lift 2500lbs off the back of a tractor trailer, I don't know. I would be inclined to say yes, if you can curl it back a bit. I think you'd probably need 1000lbs ballast on the 3pt. But if you are lifting that much on a regular basis, you might want to either get a bigger tractor or a forklift.