HST Filter

/ HST Filter #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
According to the maintenance schedule, on a Dk 40, the first HST filter change is at 50 hours. When is the second, 200 or 250 hours?

Last edited:
   / HST Filter #2  
My book says 200 hours.

/ HST Filter
The way I read the book, it says replace the filter at the first fifty hours, then every 200 hours after that. To me that's 250, 450, 650 etc.
Like the engine oil, change at 50, then every 100 hours. So it would be 150, 250, 350 etc.
I could be over complicating things again though! I don't know what's wrong with me, seems like the most simple things can get so involved.

/ HST Filter #4  
The way I read the book, it says replace the filter at the first fifty hours, then every 200 hours after that. To me that's 250, 450, 650 etc.
Like the engine oil, change at 50, then every 100 hours. So it would be 150, 250, 350 etc.
I could be over complicating things again though! I don't know what's wrong with me, seems like the most simple things can get so involved.

That how I read it too. I did my second at a one hundred mark so they continue to be at something-hundred. It would also be ok if it was something-hundredfifty.

/ HST Filter
Yeah I did my second oil change at the 100 hour mark too. But the Hst and Hyd. filters are real expensive.

/ HST Filter #6  
Yeah I did my second oil change at the 100 hour mark too. But the Hst and Hyd. filters are real expensive.

After reading my post, it didn't come out right. :ashamed: I had done the initial engine oil and filter along with the trans oil and filter at 50 hours. Then did engine oil again at 100 hours and then the trans filters at 200 hours with the trans oil at the 400 hours mark as per manual. Now everything I do is at the something even hundred mark. Maybe just easier for me to look for a hundred hour mark than something with fifty at the end.

/ HST Filter #7  

This is the schedule I follow for my DK35.

/ HST Filter #8  
I think I have decided to just change my engine oil every fall. Transmission/hyd every other fall. I do not put enough hours on per year to do either more often. Filters with every change.:)

/ HST Filter #9  
To add to the confusion is the different Tach/clock times that DK/DKSE have. In my opinion for the DKSE one could easily add 50% more time to the maintenance intervals to match the earlier DK models.

/ HST Filter
can you refresh my memory on the different tach/clock times? I do remember reading something about this before. It does seem like my hours are flying by.