CK20 rear remote specs?

/ CK20 rear remote specs? #1  

Slackdaddy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
The Kioti web sight list the hyd pump as 7.6 GPM, is that 7.6 available at the rear remotes?
Or is that the total of the entire system, some being for steering, drive, etc. but not all available at the rear remotes?

Thanks,
Slack

/ CK20 rear remote specs? #2  
You mentioned "drive" and my knowledge of HST is zip so if you're asking about the HST model then all bets are off.

That being said, I am by no means an authority on the gear model either; but as I understand how the system works then the answer to your questions would be Yes & Yes.

I understand this to be a single pump, single loop system so the pump output would run everything in series with the first connection being highest priority and so forth down the line till the 7.6 GPM flow is used up or returned to the tank.

So Pump -> Steering -> Loader Valve Function 1 then 2 -> Rear Remotes 1 then 2 -> 3pt lift -> Tank

The Steering should never need anywhere near 7.6 GPM so even when in use there should be plenty of flow left moving down the line for other functions. I know first hand that (on the CK35) Lifting the loader can/will take enough flow that the curl function won't move if you get heavy handed with it. I've never tried to lift the 3pt and the loader at the same time so not sure how that would really work, and no remotes on ours (yet).

So - is that the entire system total - Yes
Is that available at the rear remotes - my understanding is if you were sitting stationary and not using any of the system capacity elsewhere - Yes.

Now - are the rear remote ports capable of flowing the entire 7.6 GPM ?? I have no idea.

/ CK20 rear remote specs? #3  
My understanding is all Kiotis are two pumps, one for the power steering, one everything else (that's how it is on my CK35). The pump flow listed is total. Only the implement pump output is available at the remotes, though all that output is available. It's probably somewhere around 4gpm. That just my understanding though, and may be completely wrong. That is how my CK works however, but the CK20 is a little different.

/ CK20 rear remote specs?
Glad we cleared that up LOL
Something as important as GPM available for implements, but the publish NO info about it ??

Slack

/ CK20 rear remote specs? #5  
The CK20S is a single chamber pump, with a priority valve for the steering. KIOTI went to a dual chamber pump on the CK2510 Tractors, and up. So on the CK20S, the total flow is available, with losses, at the rear remotes when the steering function is not used. The HST in the CK tractors has an independent charge pump on the face of the Hydrostat. The DKSE HST Tractors received charge pressure from the steering chamber of the dual chamber pump.

/ CK20 rear remote specs? #6  
Something as important as GPM available for implements, but the publish NO info about it ??

They do publish that spec, but you have to get the service manual, and dig for it. I have
complained about Kioti not making true implement pump flow/pressure info available since
before I bought my 1st new one, >10y ago.

e.g. for my CK30, the total hydraulic pump flow is listed in the brochures as something
like 12.5GPM. But that includes the PS flow, and, after subtracting that, you get only
about 8.3 for implements.