Wheels are kattywompus on CK30

/ Wheels are kattywompus on CK30 #1  

bzimmel

Tractor
Kioti CK30
Here are photos of what I think is the problem. Is this my tie rod? I'm assuming this bend isn't supposed to be there, correct? Would this cause one of my wheels to flare out so one is straight and one is turning?

Thanks.

Attachments

• tie rod 2.jpg
    tie rod 2.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 392
  • tie rod.jpg
    tie rod.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 330
   / Wheels are kattywompus on CK30 #2  
I think you are right. That looks a bit bent to me too.

/ Wheels are kattywompus on CK30 #3  
Take it off and hammer or press it straight I had to do this a few times on my old tractor.

/ Wheels are kattywompus on CK30
Hammering a bend like that won't wreck the integrity of shaft? How much does a new one cost? Does this bend cause the kattywompus issue I described or could there be something else wrong?

/ Wheels are kattywompus on CK30 #5  
That will definitely make your wheels bend inward. Over the years i worked on numerous dump trucks that bent the rod the same. Never had a problem straightening them out and driving.

/ Wheels are kattywompus on CK30
Excellent. Thanks.

/ Wheels are kattywompus on CK30 #8  
I think you are right. That looks a bit bent to me too.

Murph, that's more than a "bit" bent. That's definitely not supposed to look like that. As for hammering, don't know. Might affect the structural integrity, might not. I'd at least look into the price of a new one. Double check though, it looks like the pins that attach the rod to the wheel might be bent too.

/ Wheels are kattywompus on CK30 #9  
Murph, that's more than a "bit" bent. That's definitely not supposed to look like that. As for hammering, don't know. Might affect the structural integrity, might not. I'd at least look into the price of a new one. Double check though, it looks like the pins that attach the rod to the wheel might be bent too.

How much more?:rolleyes:

/ Wheels are kattywompus on CK30 #10  
How much more?:rolleyes:

Well, I'd say that looks bent about 30 degrees out of straight, I'd define "bit" as...oh, lets say 10 degrees or less from straight, barely noticeable:cool: