Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
Hello all, I was just thinking how I found it a little odd that kioti offered two motors with such close horsepower. Actually three if you consider the motors in the bobcat lineup as well. They are rated at 27,28 and 30. I don't think there's any physical difference between the CK 27 to the Bobcat i would love to know how they came up with the difference. I think there is a displacement difference between a CK 27 and A CK 30 but according to the manuals they use the same relief pressure at the Hydro. So unless your gear drive the only place that power could be noticeable would be at the PTO. Any guys on here have experience with both and if so were you able to notice that small difference ?

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp #2  
It would be hard to notice if you could at all. I turned up a 255 Massey back in the 80's. It started at 52 hp and ended at 74 hp. It was w noticeable difference but not a huge difference. 22 hp helped a little when you pulled things that were a little to much for the tractor. Ed

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp #4  
The 27hp resulted from Daedong's efforts to comply with EPA program for emission standards for non-road diesel engines. The older 25hp (~19kw) engine was adopted for tier 2 but was redesigned as the 27hp for tier 3, 4 compliance.
Probably a marketing decision not to just go with the 30 and the 35hp in North America.... who knows.

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp
The 27hp resulted from Daedong's efforts to comply with EPA program for emission standards for non-road diesel engines. The older 25hp (~19kw) engine was adopted for tier 2 but was redesigned as the 27hp for tier 3, 4 compliance. Probably a marketing decision not to just go with the 30 and the 35hp in North America.... who knows.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah that is odd that they didn't just drop the 25 and go with the 30 instead of making the CK 27 with 28 hp. It just makes me wonder why. There has to be some benefit to the CK 27 engine for them to keep it in the lineup. Plus to make it even more confusing and puzzling My CT 225 is the same as the CK 27 but the CK 27 has 28 hp & CT 225 has 27 hp. Not that it really matters I just think Daedong is generally pretty smart about things but this one I just don't see the logic and it puzzles me and I would like to figure out why. Also I wonder what they did to develop a different horsepowers. I assume just turning up the fuel pressure but I would kind of like to know this as well.

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp #6  
Sorry to confuse you more (me too) tman1020 but here in France I have a CK2810 HST. Maybe it's all to do with different national standard requirements.

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp #7  
My guess is they had a huge inventory of those 25 HP motors that got retrofitted to meet the new emissions standards as CK27's. Daedong probably wanted to run through their inventory before switching them out.

And, BTW there is no such thing as a bobcat engine. It is the same Daedong engine in both the Kiotis and the BCs. Any rating difference is pure baloney.

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp #8  
I'm not sure just how Kioti come up with their HP numbers. My tractor is called a CK3010 here in Australia, but in Europe the exact same engine is in a CK2810, and even here in Aus, some of the sales brochures state that its 28HP and some others state its 30HP.

I guess in the end I'm sure I couldn't even notice a 2HP difference in the field. I know this tractor has never seemed underpowered to me. Maybe the marketing department decide on the tractor designations, not the engineers or designers.

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp
Isn't it funny we all have tractors rated at a certain horse power yet in all my time Reading about tractors including here on TBN never read of somebody actually checking to see what their tractor puts out. I agree that being able to notice a couple horsepower difference would be very difficult to. Can't tell you how many threads I've read about guys asking if X number of horsepower is enough for this or that yet how would we really know if a particular tractor actually had advertised power output. Interesting.

Being the tractor geek that I am seems like it would be a cool thing to test. Not even sure how I would go about it though.

/ Ck 27 vrs Ck 30 hp #10  
I have the Kioti CK30 and was told it is 30 HP from the dealer so I really can't dispute what the real HP is.