I got it dirty!

/ I got it dirty! #1  

BigAl

Platinum Member
California , Idaho and a little island in Panama
Tractor
Kioti DK45TLB
Decided to pull the drainage ditches on the road yesterday afternoon and try out the new top and tilt on the box scraper ,that I had just installed . We have had a lot of rain ,but it had turned nice the last two weeks and things looked stable enough to try it , The first section went great and the new DK45 purred right along . The second half was quite a surprize . As I eased it into the ditch and drop the box scraper the wheels ,that were in the ditch just disappeared into the mud that was hidden below .the front wheel was about 2" from being completely under the mud . I stomped down on the diff. lock and started cussing ! That Kioti never missed a beat ! It chew ,clawed and cussed its way all the way through the other section of ditch( about 300 feet) where I was able to climb out . I just got done giving it a well deserved bath . I have pulled this ditch many times and my old Kubota L2650 would have been struck right then and there . Maybe it was the added weight or the wider R4 tires ,but it impressed the crap outta me . I'm going to invest in a scraper blade when I get a few extra dollars so next time I can stay out of the ditch a little further .
My nieghbor buddy was watching me pull the ditch when it happened . He has been looking at Kioti and Branson tractors to determine which one to buy .He went to a Kioti dealer this morning to check out all the different models . After yesterday I think he is sold on Kioti .
Big Al

/ I got it dirty! #2  
Big Al,

Where are the pictures?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Personally, I think every Kioti sold should come with a digital camera. It'd be a great marketing strategy. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Glad to see you are enjoying your new toy!

/ I got it dirty!
Pictures ?
Good God Man ! I was holding on for dear life ! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI think I would have sunk to my knee caps in mud if I had stopped and got off to take a picture . Seriously though , It would have made for one heck of a selling feature for a Kioti promotion commerical.
Big Al

/ I got it dirty! #5  
BigAl,
I hope you received the dealer information. If not send me another e-mail. Thought I was hitting send and hit delete. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Hope I am better at operating the tractor than this #*!!#!*
Computer.
Lablovers

/ I got it dirty! #6  
Bigal
Maby ypu should do your dealer the way a coustomer did me a few days ago:
I sold a DK 65 / loader and a bunch of other stuff to a gentelman about 2 weeks ago. He left the store as happy as a pig in the sunshine...
He came back afew days ago, (he entered threw the back gate, sneaking up on me). The gentleman and his wife stormed into the store, intrupted the "closing" of another fine Kioti tractor.
" I want you to come out here and see what happened to that S.O.B. you sold me" he boomed out.
The office emptied out quickly to go see what happened...
There on his 30 foot tandem / duell axel trailer was a 25 horse - 2 wheel drive Kabota. The man and his wife never cracked a smile! Glaring at me he stated that he got it dirty, washed it, and then it srank.
My coustomer who was in the process of sighning his contract then spoke up..."well everyone knows that you do not use hot water, it will make it scrink"
Everyone got a good laugh and we all went back to work. The Kabota was left here at the shop for some repairs.
I finished closing the deal... it was a good day.

/ I got it dirty! #8  
****! Virgil. You had my stomach in knots till I got to the Kubota part. I was expecting some god awful story about how something really bad happened, like the bolts falling out and breaking everything or something. Great story and they sure had great senses of humor. Thanks for sharing that.
BigAl I hope you will continue to tell us all about the things you do with your new beast. I never get enough of hearing the enthusiasm people have for their tractors, and what they can do with them. John