Winter coming

/ Winter coming #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi everyone I would like to know how it is to remove snow with the FEL. I have a front mount snow blower but it is such a job for me alone to take the FEL off and installing the blower. For the amount of snow we have been getting is worth the hassle to put the blower on.
What I want to know is when removing snow with the loader how do you do this without digging into the driveway etc. Do most of you use the floating system when doing this or not. I use this system when I blow snow and it works fine but not sure with the FEL.
Any hints or help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gilles

/ Winter coming #2  
Use your rear blade buy turning it backwards as to not dig up your gravel.

/ Winter coming #3  
Keep the FEL flat on the gravel to keep it from digging in. You will need a slight tip forward to keep the bucket from riding up on the snow but not dig in.
A little practice will get it down. I do about 250ft. of drive with the FEL

/ Winter coming #4  
Does your loader have the skid steer type quick attach ?
If it does a power angle snow plow on the front goes on/off in minutes and works great.

/ Winter coming #5  
Keep the FEL flat on the gravel to keep it from digging in. You will need a slight tip forward to keep the bucket from riding up on the snow but not dig in.
A little practice will get it down. I do about 250ft. of drive with the FEL

yup, I do a driveway much bigger then that with no issues. I did make a bucket level indicator for mine after last winter and that should make it easier but it wasn't at all difficult without it.

Floating it will most likely make it rise up over the snow.....

I added a back blade last year. love it for snow.

/ Winter coming
Yes it does have the skid steer type with the 2 spring loaded bars that release the bucket from the arms. Not sure if I want to invest in a power angle snow plow. For now I will try it with the FEL.
Thanks
Gilles

/ Winter coming
Thanks everyone I will have to experiment with using the FEL and the back blade. If I don't like it then I will put on the front mount blower.

/ Winter coming #8  
You might try the split pipe method, saw a slot in a couple of 1 1/2 -2 inch pipe about 6 inches long and put on the edge of the bucket. I use this method on my rear blade to keep from moving to much gravel. Needs to fit tight or lightly tacked with weld.

/ Winter coming #9  
I used my FEL for the past two winters with no problems. Paved asphalt for last year. I added the clamp on edge protector fromm ratchet rake to protect the new pavement and it worked perfect. Right now thinking about a plow for the ranger 570 to take on the majority of snow clearing, and the tractor just to move snow banks back. (The ranger is a little more maneuverable).

/ Winter coming #10  
I've tried the FEL and its OK for tight areas. Otherwise, I exclusively use the rear blade on my mile long gravel driveway. Reverse the rear blade until the driveway freezes hard then turn it, angle it and go like the wind.