Box blade will not completely lower

/ Box blade will not completely lower #1  

Skidrowe18

Tractor
Kioti CK 3510
Hi all,
I have not used my box blade but was getting everything ready to start today. After getting everything connected I noticed that the blade would not lower completely. I turned the hydrolic speed control to various settings but does not seem to make a difference. The height at full lowered is 21 inches.
20151017_165434.jpg

Here are some other shots...

20151017_134531.jpg. 20151017_165509.jpg. 20151017_165405.jpg

This is a new tractor ck3510 and I m new this as well so hopefully it's just me doing something wrong;)

Last edited:
   / Box blade will not completely lower #2  
It looks like your 3pt lift arms are not all the way down.They could be bound up with the box blade. If you disconnect the box blade will they go lower?

/ Box blade will not completely lower #3  
Speed control is not the problem, lowering your 3PH is. I'm not familiar with your model Kioti, but you should able to lower the entire 3PH with the draft control and/or another lever, (can't recall the name) probably located next to each other. I suggest you read your owner's manual to get the idea on what to do. It's also possible your top-link is too short to allow the back of the box blade to touch the ground; hard to tell from your pics.....

/ Box blade will not completely lower #4  
Hi all,
I have not used my box blade but was getting everything ready to start today. After getting everything connected I noticed that the board would not lower completely. I turned the hydrolic speed control to various settings but does not seem to make a difference. The night at full lowered is shot 21 inches.
View attachment 444237

Here are some other shots...

View attachment 444239. View attachment 444242. View attachment 444245

This is a new tractor ck3510 and I m new this as well so hopefully it's just me doing something wrong;)

It looks like your top is too long (the part that connects in the middle with the threads)...To check, either remove it or shorten it.

/ Box blade will not completely lower #6  
Also make sure you don't have an adjustable stop on the 3pt raise/lowering lever.

/ Box blade will not completely lower #7  
Based on your middle pic it looks like your lift arms are almost horizontal and have bottomed out and are binding preventing the arms from lowering any more. also the turn buckles look very loose. The lift arms should be more vertical to allow the arms to drop lower. Swap the positions of the lift arms and turn buckles.
I've attached the OP's pic and another CK3510 pic showing the proper position of the lift arms and sway link hook up.

Attachments

• ck3510 3 pt.jpg
    ck3510 3 pt.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
   / Box blade will not completely lower #8  
Turn your digging teeth over or remove them entirely unless you want to do some ripping, and shorten the top link about 4 inches. It is a jackscrew... just start cranking. you have the entire boxed pushed up at the front by the extremely long adjustment of the top link. Also looks like the side sway turnbuckles need to be shortened. looks like they are in a bind.

/ Box blade will not completely lower
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take look in the morning at these. I have some big pot holes that's I wanted to use the teeth so I lowered them and angled to try to take advantage if them.

/ Box blade will not completely lower #10  
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take look in the morning at these. I have some big pot holes that's I wanted to use the teeth so I lowered them and angled to try to take advantage if them.

Well shorten that top link and shorten those sidesway turnbuckles that are now in compression and you should be good to go.