3054 - dumb question

/ 3054 - dumb question #1  

Jim_in_Omaha

Gold Member
Tractor
LK3054
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifI got to try out my 3054 for the first time today. Around 1 1/2 hours worth.

Every thing seems to be working pretty good. Still have a funky thing with the Buhler loader.

Here's the dumb question: While running idle to 1500 rpm I notice that there is a lot of noise from the PTO area. If I put my hand on the PTO shaft (not engaged of course) I feel alot of slow vibration through it that matches the pinging sound. Its still there with the PTO engaged but reduced. The hyd. fluid level eye glass shows theres fluid in there. What I'm wondering that the manual and service manual are not eluding to is do you fill just the front transmission (between your feet) to fill the entire transmission to the rear axle housing? Also, theres an oil cap on the rear above the top link with a breather tube that the manuals do not talk about. I only know of the one level eye glass on the side between your feet. I guess I'm wondering if I really have the correct amount of fluid in the transmission because of the noise. Perhaps the noise is normal and I just need to get it broke in? Maybe someone with a 3054 could check this out on theirs.

As far as the loader goes it does something really wierd. I dug a big hole and when I would go to curl the bucket down in the air to dump it would slow down, almost stop, then maybe start moving to the full downward position. All other functions of the loader work great. I swapped the lines at the valve assm. and it did the same thing. When the bucket would slow down there was no notice of load on the hyd. system. Once the bucket reached the full down position then I would hear the normal sound of the hyd. system load. It would appear to be something in the cylinders or lines beyond the valve assembly. I could not find any limiters in line.

Thanks again for any info.
Jim

/ 3054 - dumb question #2  
If you think these are dumb questions I hate to see what you consider hard questions /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Because I can't answer these ones.

/ 3054 - dumb question
Brain storm....
Wonder if there is air in the line on those bucket cylinders? And if there is, how do I get it out or can that even happen? Do yo bleed them like brake lines?

thx
Jim

/ 3054 - dumb question #4  
The air should be self bleeding by simply rolling the bucket up and down. So I doubt that is your problem.

/ 3054 - dumb question #5  
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Hi all!! New to the forum but have been lurking for a long time. Hope I can figure out everything I need to do.
I also have LK3054 that I bought a year ago. AWESOME little tractor. I noticed this same noise in the pto area that you are talking about.i asked my dealer about it and he knows that they do it but has never heard of any problems with them.I have 90hrs on mine and the noise either went away or i just got use to it,never had any problems running attachments with it.

/ 3054 - dumb question #6  
I just received my 3054 on Friday and have not noticed any PTO noise. Mine is the XS and it might not be noisy on the newer model. I will listen for it today.
Lablovers

/ 3054 - dumb question #7  
I don't have a 3054, but maybe it's something in the hydraulics that changed with the XS. I know the capacity is larger in the XS, so maybe it's a different pump. John

/ 3054 - dumb question #8  
mine is only a year old i bought it new last march or april and i noticed the noise/rattle seems to be amplified when you have an impliment on.it doesnt do it when you push the clutch in or when the pto is in gear.i have 90 hrs on mine and dont notice the noise now,maybe use to it and dont pay attention any more.never gave me any problems whith my 5' brush hog.i do remember other post about this because that was the first thing i listend for when i went to buy this tractor & asked the dealer about it. i do have another noise up in the motor when it gets very cold +15 to -20 wich we had this year it sounds like a fast clicking in fuel pump area. once it warms up it goes away and doesnt do it at all in warmer temps. i added a tank circulater to the cooling system to heat the motor and this took care of everything -20 plug in for one hr dont even need the glow plugs starts right up no smoke,best 40 bucks i ever spent. sorry so long. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ 3054 - dumb question #9  
Jim,

I listened for the PTO noise on my new LK3054 (not an XS), and I don't THINK I heard it - but I'm not really sure what I'm listening for. Can you give me more info on how loud it is? I'm remembering those ads where people try to explain the noise their car makes to a mechanic! I'll try to listen for it again next time I have it running.

/ 3054 - dumb question
I notice it while idle and up to 1500 rpm. If you touch the end of the pto shaft there should be a pulsation at the same rythm of the noise. I think on mine some of the ringing to the noise is from the shield over the shaft. If I hold onto the cover, it dampens the noise some.

I will probably just run the crud out of it and not worry about the noise. If the fluids are right then it should be ok. It shifts fine and the PTO engages very nice. Probably just me. Have not been on a tractor in years and forgot about all the noises they make.

I did get a slam from the Kubota dealer today. They are the local Woods and Hammond dealer. I was back looking at the blades. He asked what kind of tractor I had. Well, needless to say he was pompus and arogant.

"They must have dumped it. You probably got it for a good price? I would never take one of those in on trade here"

me: "I would never trade it in. I always sell my stuff private."

"Who would want one. From a distance they look just like a Kubota"

"I've found out that Kioti will lose the law suit and have to change their name and color.."

me: Why would they have to change their name?

"Because it sounds like Kubota! They are not made as good as a Kubota. Kubota started the compact four wheel drive tractor market!"

me: Thats nice.

Now that I will not be buying that $500 blade at his shop.

Jim