Three point hitch stuck

/ Three point hitch stuck #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
Yesterday while using my backhoe to move some rocks, I look down and notice the platform is pushed up in the air. The 3PH arms are all the way up, jammed under the platform. Now I am aware that the 3PH can be raised to cause this. So, when the backhoe is attached, I use my lift stop on the back side of the lever to ensure it cannot be raised. The lever never moved and the stop is right where I left it, but for some reason the 3PH arms went up.

Now it is stuck in the up position. It won't lower despite standing on the arms. Moving the lever produces zero effect and makes no sound. Lever attachment to 3PH seems to be moving and working as it should. Am I in for a costly repair?

/ Three point hitch stuck #2  
I'm guessing you know, but I must ask. Have you tried loosening the 3pt hitch lowering speed knob next to the hst filter? My foot has hit this many times leaving the snowblower lifted and I always forget about the knob.

/ Three point hitch stuck #3  
If it is jammed under the platform can you loosen the platform and lower them?
I am not familiar with your tractor but if you are not able to loosen the platform then maybe a pry bar to lower them.

The bigger question is solving why it raised. Fluid is getting past a valve somewhere.
Others on here maybe more familiar with your tractor to help.

/ Three point hitch stuck #4  
That knob Amvcane mentioned may have gotten turned or are the arms just wedged against the platform? When my KB2375 is on my CK30hst, my arms have never raised on their own. That is definitely odd and I have no idea why they did that.

/ Three point hitch stuck #5  
Had something similar happened on my bobcat CT 225. Here's what I did. Make sure that you do not have your remote set in the detent to operate the backhoe. Then make sure nothing is blocking the three-point arms shut the tractor off. Make sure knob that controls drop is not tightened up (mine wasn't it was fine). Set the lift lever to where the hitch is approximately. For example if the hitch is in the Up position match that with the lever. When I restarted the tractor the hitch operated normally and has ever since. I'm not sure why this happened but I believe it had something to do with the Detent position of my remote while running the Backhoe and the hitch trying to lift into the backhoe mounting frame when I accidentally hit the lift lever. Now when I install the backhoe I make sure the lift arms are in the up position to begin with. That way no damage can occur if I bump the lever. Let us know what turns out for you.

/ Three point hitch stuck
Dah! It was the speed knob. As soon as I posted I thought of it and went and tried it. Don't know why that escaped me yesterday. I certainly know better. I guess I was just rushing to finish my backhoe chores before it rained. But, yes still doesn't explain why it raised all the way up with the lever stop set to not allow more than the "2" position. And wasn't too good for the foot platform on my backhoe either. Yeah Kioti says you can leave the hitch on with a backhoe, but I've bent stabilizers and now this. I had pulled the pins on the lift rods so the 3PT arms just hang free. I think I'll leave it that way from now on whenever the backhoe is on. That way the hitch pivots can move all they want without causing damage.

/ Three point hitch stuck #7  
Good glad it worked out and was something simple.

/ Three point hitch stuck #8  
Glad an easy and no cost fix. I, like you, have just left my arms on and use the lever stop so they don't go up. No problems yet but maybe time will tell. I still can't figure out why the arms went up on their own because the fluid is now being diverted to the open center bh valves when the remote is in detent.

Glad an easy and no cost fix. I, like you, have just left my arms on and use the lever stop so they don't go up. No problems yet but maybe time will tell. I still can't figure out why the arms went up on their own because the fluid is now being diverted to the open center bh valves when the remote is in detent.

I don't understand it either. It isn't the first time it's happened. Maybe it raises up when the speed knob is closed. I'll have to give this a try. I am in and out of detent a lot as I am moving boulders a long distance. I pick up with the loader and transport ~600 feet and then place the boulder with the backhoe and a strap. I don't transport with the backhoe remotes engaged; I always disengage.

So, I wanted to understand why/how the 3pt was lifting even though the lift lever is locked in the low position. I watched the hitch as I engaged/disengaged the rear remote. Each time on return to center of the rear remote, the 3PH would jog ever so slightly up. With the speed control set to anything but off (closed?), this is OK because the 3PH immediately drops back down that little bit. But, if the speed control is closed, it holds the jog position. Do this enough times and before you know it the 3PH is all the way up. I believe this is what was happening to me.

I just wanted to post so others are aware. From now on, I will set the speed control to maximum whenever not using the 3PH.