Cab question.....

/ Cab question..... #1  

Jc8

Tractor
2012 CK27h
Hello,

I just bought my first tractor ck27h with cab....625 hours.
It's a little beat up cab wise and I'm just wondering if anyone has had luck getting it to quiet down.
I think the cab was put on by inexperienced dealer when it was new and previous owner didn't care....but man it seems louder in than out!
Also no real high on fan so windows are fogging up...actually I don't think there's much heat coming from vents.

Is the front/rear suppose to be plastic or glass?
It was a good deal and tractor seems solid just cab is very afterthought looking.

Anyways...great sight and I've been reading lots and lots of friendly people here.
J

/ Cab question..... #2  
Is it a factory cab? Not sure if the CK had a factory cab Can you post some pictures?

/ Cab question.....
Yes Kioti cab.... I don't think these are factory installed but dealer installed.
Will get a few pics today.

/ Cab question..... #4  
Glue or otherwise attach some cheap carpeting to the inside of the cab roof.
That will kill a whole lot of noise as much is either echo and also perhaps drumming caused by vibration of the larger flat roof area.
For fans I like 12 volt computer 'muffin fans' as they are compact and draw little current, trick is mounting them.

/ Cab question..... #5  
Jc8, the cab is most likely a 'Kioti cab' mounted by the dealer. I know my cab was mounted by the dealer. He told me so.
Have you turned the blend valve to the heat position?
Yes they are loud!
All the clear stuff is glass.
Be very careful of the bolts that hold the glass in the doors, they have a tendency to come loose. Trouble is that you cannot tighten them up too much or you will explode the glass. A candidate for red loctite if I ever saw one.
You have your location as North Bay, ON. You and me have the same tractor and we are in the same 'neck of the woods'.
Care to disclose your location? I'm just outside of South River.

/ Cab question.....
First time posting pics so I hope it works!

Seems like there's a gap everywhere!
I think the echoing might be a large part as well.
The carpet idea should work great.

I think the unit I bought had a rough life, the front and back windows are plexi glass.( did a good job so I thought it was factory!) The front and back I thought that might be from factory until above post.

I knew the left door was broken when I bought it and the owner made a plexi glass wood panel that didn't open.

I got a good deal on it and everything seems cosmetic.

Attachments

• image-1990183250.jpg
    image-1990183250.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 339
  • image-3645734109.jpg
    image-3645734109.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 339
  • image-3348726786.jpg
    image-3348726786.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 440
   / Cab question..... #7  
I did quite a bit of soundproofing on my cab. My tractor is pretty much the same as yours with the bobcat brand on it but my cab is made by cozy cab. I have a soundproof liner in the ceiling that helps tremendously it was a factory standard feature. I also added half inch thick by about 1 inch wide weatherstripping everywhere I could. One of the largest helps that I did was spraying sound deadening undercoating under all the fenders and under the seat area. I also purchased some sound deadening flexible denim panels from Menards. I put about six or seven of them throughout the tractor screwed one to the back of the seat couple more along the sides of the seat and so on. I also added memory foam that I took from an old pillow and stuff that in all the small openings. I tried using some of the soundproofing rubber adhesive panels didn't notice much of an improvement from them. It is still louder than I expected inside but it's not bad. I remove my doors in the summertime and sound is no longer an issue.

/ Cab question..... #8  
I have a dealer installed cab on my ck 2510. Noisy? Yes they are a bit nosy and probably noisier than no cab at all for the driver but I am very proud of the installation by Michigan Iron of Morrice, Mi.. Thkey did a very meticulous installation and the cab is tight as a drum. I have blown snow in all types of weather and the two speed heater fan keeps the inside of the glass very clear.

rimshot

/ Cab question..... #9  
I have a dealer installed cab on my ck 2510. Noisy? Yes they are a bit nosy and probably noisier than no cab at all for the driver but I am very proud of the installation by Michigan Iron of Morrice, Mi.. Thkey did a very meticulous installation and the cab is tight as a drum. I have blown snow in all types of weather and the two speed heater fan keeps the inside of the glass very clear.

rimshot
AND we are toasty in it. I blow snow in a T-shirt in mine.

/ Cab question..... #10  
My 2012 ck 35 came with a factory installed cab. I have half inch foam insulation under the floor mats, quilted vinyl covering
over the fenders inside and gray foam insulation on most of what would be exposed metal surfaces. Almost everything that would echo except the glass is covered in sound deadening/absorbing material. I listen to the radio on what I would consider a normal volume although the ears are 70 years old [huh].