Wanting tiller

/ Wanting tiller #1  

Orange blood

Tractor
2014/15 kioti dk40se hydro
I have a dk40se and will be getting a tiller early spring . I will be doing my food plots on the hunting property with some decent size rocks here and there (size of softball or lil bigger) and gonna try and pick up side jobs as well so I want a reliable and tough tiller. I'm thinking I need a 6ft to cover R4 tracks . Would like to stay with land pride ( not sure what model ) and would like to hear if anyone has one or what u might recommend ..... Thanks

/ Wanting tiller #2  
   / Wanting tiller #3  
Kuhn,Howard,CCM,Maschiao or Woods.If you have softball size rocks as you stated your gonna beat the H_LL out of that tiller.I would buy a 3pt 5 or 7 shank spring loaded ripper then york rake the rocks out.

Last edited:
   / Wanting tiller #5  
Maybe a tiller after the rocks are removed. Otherwise you might damage the tiller or PTO drive. Go for a tiller with a slip clutch and do yearly maintenance to make sure it does not "freeze" on you. Tiller is great if the soil has already been worked and rocks and roots have been removed.

/ Wanting tiller #6  
Buy what you like, Land Pride is a quality product. I have a Woods GTC52 on my (2006) Kubota B7510 and it has served me well for the past 9 years. My tiller is wide enough to cover the tire tracks. The PTO is a slip clutch type and a thin rust film will form. To clean this, I measure the length of the springs and then loosen everything up, clean with a wire tooth brush and reassemble and tighten back to the initial spring measurements. With that said, if I hit a big rock, the tractor will shut off quick! I don't know which type of PTO shaft is better, my tiller came with the slip clutch type. When I bought my tiller, the Kuhn was the most rugged and most expensive. All the other "name brands" seemed to be pretty equal to me one way or the other. During initial tilling on new ground, I have to remove rocks I hit with the tiller (basketball size) using the FEL, sometimes I have to remove the tiller and install the back hoe. If my tiller hits softball size rocks it will shake the heck out of my tractor, be ready to push the clutch in. For softball size rocks I till up, I stop and put the rock in the FEL, and continue tilling. Seems like the more I till the garden, the more rocks come to the surface!

/ Wanting tiller #7  
No body has more rocks than us in the North-East;that being said I have used my tiller(Bush_Hog branded) for 13 years with minimal problems.Just make sure the slip clutch is working and the discharge flap is wide open.
Our land has been active for at least 150 years and we are still pulling up rocks!

/ Wanting tiller #8  
You also have to decide if you want a forward or rearward rotation. I have a one that can be set up either way., takes about 20 minutes to switch but i do have the choice.

/ Wanting tiller #9  
Buy what you like, Land Pride is a quality product. I have a Woods GTC52 on my (2006) Kubota B7510 and it has served me well for the past 9 years. My tiller is wide enough to cover the tire tracks. The PTO is a slip clutch type and a thin rust film will form. To clean this, I measure the length of the springs and then loosen everything up, clean with a wire tooth brush and reassemble and tighten back to the initial spring measurements. With that said, if I hit a big rock, the tractor will shut off quick! I don't know which type of PTO shaft is better, my tiller came with the slip clutch type. When I bought my tiller, the Kuhn was the most rugged and most expensive. All the other "name brands" seemed to be pretty equal to me one way or the other. During initial tilling on new ground, I have to remove rocks I hit with the tiller (basketball size) using the FEL, sometimes I have to remove the tiller and install the back hoe. If my tiller hits softball size rocks it will shake the heck out of my tractor, be ready to push the clutch in. For softball size rocks I till up, I stop and put the rock in the FEL, and continue tilling. Seems like the more I till the garden, the more rocks come to the surface!

Would it be too much trouble or take to much time to use the backhoe bucket with teeth installed to rake over the area first to try to uncover the rocks? (roots in my area)

/ Wanting tiller #10