3-Point Hitch Now what do I do...... was a Landpridce blade question

/ Now what do I do...... was a Landpridce blade question #1  

ron45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
Got the blade today. Looks like they don't mind putting good amounts of steel in the right places. I will trust for now it's the right kind of steel in the right place.

So, I came with one hydraulic cylinder so I need two free hoses to hook up. I am assuming when I remove the back hoe It will become apparent where to hook up the hoses. I am not exactly a seasoned operator so this is all "there be dragons there!" stuff for me. I'm going to drop the BH on three thick flat rocks while I play with the blade. I might be able to find a good ole person to line me out on the 3 pt hitch assembly. I think I have all the parts so perhaps with the picture in the owners manual [that looks like it was taken a dusk thru a dirty set of panty hose]. If said person is not forth coming, are there any gotchas concerning the assembly that I should be aware of?

Thank you for your time.

Ron

/ Now what do I do...... was a Landpridce blade question #2  
I'm assuming you bought a back blade and it has a hydraulic cylinder to adjust angle. Was your BH powered through rear remotes? If so, hoses from the cylinder would connect there. 3pt hook ups are fairly straight forward. If you could post some pictures of the blade and the rear of your tractor, I'm sure we can help you get things working.

/ Now what do I do...... was a Landpridce blade question #3  
Will need a control valve to direct oil through appropriate cyl port unless I'm missing something obvious

Oil supply to hoe on my machine is supply line in and out and valve body on hoe is used to direct that oil flow to various cylinder ports

Joel

/ Now what do I do...... was a Landpridce blade question #4  
You likely have a cylinder on the rear blade with a rod end fitting and a cap end fitting, each with a hose attached. As stated your backhoe has a control valve to open and close various cylinders as needed. Your blade is missing that valve, so just hooking to the rear remote fittings won't allow you to control the cylinder on the blade, without adding a valve for the fluid to flow through. Pictures and existing equipment are needed for us to tell you what/how to do what you want to do. :confused3:

/ Now what do I do...... was a Landpridce blade question #5  
Yep. You have to have a place to hook to (remote) that has a control valve used to angle the blade

/ Now what do I do...... was a Landpridce blade question #6  
My B26 TLB has no remotes for hydraulics. It simply has a supply and return hose. When the hoe is removed, I have to connect the supply to the return (simple male and female hydraulic coupling). If yours is like mine, then you will need to install some rear remote hydraulic port and valves. This is not a cheap operation either so be prepared for big $$$ to have this done.

/ Now what do I do...... was a Landpridce blade question
I should have realized pics would be needed. Thank you all for your generous help. I'll get some pics as soon as I can get out there. We are having some more snow at the moment but from the looks of things it will be a while before the blade gets angled by anything but me. I really need to build a shelter for Kioti.

Rpm

Saul at Rivera Machinery in Tx.suggested a possible solution to avoid buying a control valve. With the judicious placement of two pieces of angle iron on the loader cylinders, I could use the joy stick for the loader as the control valve for the blade. I would just have to buy the hoses to make the connection from the blade cylinder to the joy stick. .I do not understand hydraulic systems enough to know if he is correct. Is he? will be sending some pictures later today.

Ron

What sort of control valve specs would I need to operate that cylinder on the rear blade if I can find something at northern tool? There is a Brand Directional Control valve rated @3000 psi @ 99 bux. I'd prefer a dedicated valve over swaping hoses from the Joy stick if it's financially possible at a figure WAY under 600.00

My owners manual has no spec for the pressure in the hydraulic system, nor does the tractor specs webpage. I do not get the manage attachments area of this forum. There is now a picture of the page I had a question about in the manage attachments window. I suppose this link will lead those concerned to somewhere that is not a threat to this forum. What would be wrong with that actual picture is this area like I see on other forums

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

I know only that 7 gpm is the flow rate for Kioti why no pressure spec. It might matter when making valve choices. Can anyone tell me please if the valve pictured will do the job of moving the 6ft. blade under load. Or is the cylinder supped the limiting factor in the under load category. I'm talking about possible changing the angle of the blade while the tractor is moving. If this valve is not up to snuff if you can tell me why I may help with other choices. If someone has a suggestion I'd love to hear it [ under 200 if possible ] I know some well off people have tractors. I'm not one of them.

Attachments

• VAlVE.pdf
    214.4 KB · Views: 128
  • VAlVE.jpg
    VAlVE.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 165