new pack member with new-to-me LB1914

/ new pack member with new-to-me LB1914 #1  

dbotos

Silver Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO-30, Kioti LB1914
With my Ferguson TO-30 currently down (replacing rear axle seals is what started it all - then I got it inside to work on those and started getting into more quasi-restoration / freshening-up items from the dash forward), I was lamenting lack of the progress I was making on getting the driveway graded, parking spots dug into the hillside, and other things around the yard. Since I already had an older 2WD gasser, I figured maybe I'd try a newer 4WD diesel. After some other possibilities in my price range that I had inquired about went quiet, I happened upon a Kioti LB1914 on the local Craigslist that had just been posted within a few hours. Looked good in the pictures, hours were fairly low (560), the price seemed reasonable, and it came with a rear blade and rear scoop. Emailed the poster and arranged to go see it today. Lo and behold, it was the same guy I bought the Ferguson from (I recognized the address when he sent it). We went over the machine this evening and I test drove it around his place. Everything seemed good, so I gave him some money to hold it for me and am going to go pick it up and pay for the rest of it on Friday evening. Think I did okay for $5k?

LB1914_1.jpg

LB1914_2.jpg

LB1914_3.jpg

Is the owner's manual worth getting for this machine or should I skip it and just get the service manual? What's a good source for any of the manuals (online vs. Kioti dealer)? Ebay shows the owner's manual and parts manual for $41 each shipped and the service manual for ~$70 shipped.

/ new pack member with new-to-me LB1914
Just looked at the pics again and noticed the left front tire is on backwards... :confused2:

/ new pack member with new-to-me LB1914 #3  
Off hand, it looks like a good deal to me. nice.

/ new pack member with new-to-me LB1914 #4  
Looks good from here. manuals are available from any Kioti dealer- owner's manual is pretty expensive at $41. Parts lookup diagrams are at MIE, Michigan Iron & Equipment on their website. I'd inquire about manuals pricing from them while on their site.
Good luck with your decision on the new tractor. Let us know the outcome....

/ new pack member with new-to-me LB1914 #5  
Welcome to the Pack! I love the LB1914. It's a solid tractor - had one for 9 years.

/ new pack member with new-to-me LB1914 #6  
Owner's manual for my CK30hst was ok. Gave how to operate, adjust things, others like oil change intervals and type of oil, how to bleed air after fuel filter change, and other routine service info. $41 does seem a little steep. If you're good with that stuff and want to do your own work like you're doing with the Ferguson, then the service manual is not to bad and the parts manual has the actual diagrams of parts breakdowns which helps. Or as Coyote mentioned, you can find these on-line for parts ordering. To bad they didn't include the diagrams in the service manual like the old Motors manuals were.

Thanks. I emailed MIE about availability and pricing of the various manuals, so we'll see what they say.

I'm going to pick her up tomorrow evening. I'll have to check the serial number and see what year she is (forgot to do that the other day).

Hoping this tractor will be mainly a tool instead of a project of its own. I've got too many of the latter started already. ;)

/ new pack member with new-to-me LB1914 #8  
Thanks. I emailed MIE about availability and pricing of the various manuals, so we'll see what they say.

I'm going to pick her up tomorrow evening. I'll have to check the serial number and see what year she is (forgot to do that the other day).

Hoping this tractor will be mainly a tool instead of a project of its own. I've got too many of the latter started already. ;)

It will be a tool. That size/configuration gets overlooked, but it is hugely valuable. More pictures please.

She's home now. Blade is a 6-footer. Looking forward to trying the scoop - never used one of those before. Stamped serial number tag on the left side of the trans has 9-digit number starting with "7", so I guess that makes it a 1991? Never heard back from MIE, so I might have to call on Monday. Also noticed the big pin at the ROPS hinge is missing on the left side (right side has one). Appears to be P/N T2185-97152. Parts diagram also shows a spring (T2185-97161) under the head of the pin (guessing so it doesn't rattle). I need to get a seat belt for it too, so I'll have to put together an order of goodies.

LB1914_4.jpg

blade_came_with_LB1914.jpg

scoop_came_with_LB1914.jpg

Anyone know recommended values (or ranges) for front and rear tire pressure on the LB1914? Tire pressure is one of the things on my list to check before I really start using this thing.