Kioti Maintenance

/ Kioti Maintenance
Thanks, that explains all the issues I was seeing with the manual.

/ Kioti Maintenance #32  
OK, let me try to help. I use just simple Rotella 15W40. I am fairly warm here just like you in TN so it should work for you too. But make sure you use a diesel grade oil. Some use the Dello and some use the synthetics. Fine by me, as long as it is a diesel rated oil to hold the soot in suspension. The way I read my manual I wanted to change the 11 gallons o transmission/hydraulic fluid at 50. Many read it differently and don't change until 400 hrs. I was glad I changed, as a lot of "crap" that looked like maybe paint from inside the transmission housing came out. It is up to you. some do, some don't. Yes the transmission fluid and hydraulic fluid is all the same thing. I am using Mobilfluid 424. But several others are specified in the manual as well. Shell Spirax/Donax fluid specified for tractors. It must say something like formulated for wet brakes on the pail.

If you want to change just the filters not the fluid, you will need a method to make the change without loosing to much fluid. There are several methods, the vacuum cleaner method, the extreme angle parking method and my method.

My method is best. No one believes me, but trust me it is. Take a machine screw or golf tee and plug up the hole in the end of the little shepherds crook on the filler neck rubber plug. The theory is if you don't let air into the top of the "tank" then fluid won't come out very fast at all. Trust me this works. Be sure to have a chain wrench or a really big set of channel locks to be able to take the hydraulic filter loose.. The things are put on by a 800 lb Gorilla with some kind of impact took than tightened with a 10 foot cheater bar. yeah that bad. Be ready for that. Of course your tractor is much newer and it may not even be a problem any more, but in the past it has been a real problem.

Engine Oil goes in the orange rubber plug on the injector plug. You should not have any problem with the engine oil filter. I had no trouble with hydrostatic transmission filter either. I was thinking your tractor was gear so you would not have one of those.

Don't forget the final drive drains on each rear axle either. It is not just the big main drain, you will about a gallon each from those final drive cases. Be sure to do the front axle too with those low down drains by each wheel. Also when you put fluid back in the front axle check it and top up severl times after running it. it takes time to get all the air out and the actual fluid level where you want it. I hope this helped.

Another tip to get a little more clearance under your tractor, drive it up on some 2x6s and set the parking brake.

The hydro filter is painted on and super hard to break off unless you use a chain wrench. Any chain wrench will work. Home Despot sells a nice, cheap one.

URREA 4 in. Universal Reversible Chain Wrench-81 - The Home Depot

/ Kioti Maintenance #33  
If your dealer installed the dump kit for the backhoe return,you can remove the QA connector along with the elbow and nipple and fill the hydro fluid from there.
It's a lot easier than pouring almost 8 gallons through the dip stick hole.

image-4242838953.jpg

/ Kioti Maintenance
If your dealer installed the dump kit for the backhoe return,you can remove the QA connector along with the elbow and nipple and fill the hydro fluid from there.
It's a lot easier than pouring almost 8 gallons through the dip stick hole.

View attachment 460484

Mine doesn't have that. There are four remotes on the back, the same ones you have on the right and then the same thing is on the left side.

/ Kioti Maintenance #35  
Where does your backhoe return connect to the tractor? One of the remotes?

/ Kioti Maintenance #36  

Some return at the remote and some return to the fill hole as seen in the photo of post #34.

/ Kioti Maintenance

Mine returns at the remotes. I have four quick connect ports on the back, two on the right side and two on the left side. The left side has a valve control that has a detent that keeps it open for use. The right side has a valve that you would need to hold the lever or bungie cord it on. So I use the left side and just flip the lever and away I go.

/ Kioti Maintenance #38  
My woods came with another hydraulic line that is installed from the loader valve, one house goes there the other on the rear remote

/ Kioti Maintenance #39  
Guys, can you use Hydro fluid in the front axle/diff or should I keep using gear oil in my CK20S HST?

/ Kioti Maintenance #40  
Guys, can you use Hydro fluid in the front axle/diff or should I keep using gear oil in my CK20S HST?

My Kioti manual says either one. I am using the hydro fluid the mobile fluid 424.