Valve stem protectors

/ Valve stem protectors #1  

cptdave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK-20,Wheelhorse 4-14-8
Anyone use valve stem protectors?
I noticed they are recommended on the Farmi Winch web page for logging with tractors. Where would we get them?
Cpt.Dave

/ Valve stem protectors #2  
they are simply a piece of pipe or half pipe depending on who made them. but pipe from hardware store cut so just the tip of stem is out far enough to check and fill tire,will do. some coverd whole stem and had a cap but i think that would be more than you need. the pipe diemeter usally is about 1.5-2" that leaves room to replace stem if ti ever needs be,that is welded to rim.this stops a branch from hiting stem at rim and knoking it out of tire

/ Valve stem protectors #3  
I will be putting them on my dk45. It is no fun to pop a stem as i found out last night while pushing brush over the hill. Glad it was the stem and not a hole in tire easier to fix.

/ Valve stem protectors #4  
Can somebody that has stem protectors on their tractor post a close-up photo? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

/ Valve stem protectors #5  
If thers a dealer near you selling skidders or loging eqip. they mostly all have them you could also try a log outfit, your in VT. i,m sure you know somone in logging. it's so simple you won,t belive it. I can't do pictures or i'd take one and post it,but hell i can barely type on this thing! Give me a lever and a wheel i'm at home.

/ Valve stem protectors #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ..your in VT... )</font>

I'm in N.Y. by the VT. border. Thanks for the idea on where to go.

/ Valve stem protectors #7  
I broke a stem off the rear tire about a half mile back in the woods about a month ago. I was talking to the man who came out to fix it about protectors, he said to make sure to not screw it up for him if he has to ever work on the tire again. What he suggested was something like a flat bar with holes drilled to go across a couple of lug nuts which would extend to protect the valve stem. Then it could be unbolted when necessary. Haven't done it and not sure I know what I'm talking about. Anybody heard of this? $200 later, I really would like to do something. I'm not really following what the other style valve protectors are and if they are removable.

/ Valve stem protectors #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can somebody that has stem protectors on their tractor post a close-up photo? I would really appreciate it. Thanks. )</font>

If I remember, I will take a picture of mine.

RedDog

/ Valve stem protectors #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can somebody that has stem protectors on their tractor post a close-up photo? I would really appreciate it. Thanks. )</font>

Here is a close up of my front wheel.

RedDog

Attachments

• 401368-Tractor 1.JPG
    401368-Tractor 1.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 2,008
   / Valve stem protectors #10  
Thanks RedDog. For some reason, I thought that they were completely round. Thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif