CK35H Won't Start

/ CK35H Won't Start #1  

skipples

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST, Kioti DK5310SE HST
Short story version: 2013 HST w/200 hrs / owned since new with 0 problems/ serviced regularly
Been having problems with fuel shutoff solenoid not engaging with key on. Previously, turning key off and on a few times engaged the solenoid. Battery died when I forgot and left the key on overnight but it charged right up the next day and the tractor started normally.
After I parked it overnight, however, no solenoid click noise but I can hear other relays on the firewall turning on. Took off solenoid and the plunger is free and seems to operate normally. The electrical connector has no power, though, with key in run position so it must be some sort of disconnect upstream from the solenoid. Tried electrical contact spray in ignition keyway with no luck.
I'm wondering if there's a fuse for the solenoid. Anyone have experience with these symptoms

/ CK35H Won't Start #2  
I'm not sure of how much a difference between a 2004 and 2013. I know your solenoid needs power to open the fuel where mine works just the opposite. There is a start relay for mine, on firewall, farthest relay on right side as sitting on tractor, that is in the solenoid's circuit. Hopefully a member with a newer style can help you more if it's different than mine.

/ CK35H Won't Start #3  
Spray some fluid film in the key switch.

/ CK35H Won't Start
Eureka!

Blown 25A fuse for stop solenoid. Top position on fuse block hidden on rt side down behind parking brake and "cruise control" handles. Probably should have checked there first.

Thanks for your suggestions. I don't know what liquid film is, though....

/ CK35H Won't Start #5  
Glad it was an easy fix. I didn't know that there was a dedicated fuse for the stop solenoid and they do hide the fuse block pretty good.

Electric contact cleaner is good for getting the hardened factory grease out and any crud. Some members have also used WD40 but it doesn't keep the switch lubed that well. Fluid film is a good spray lube that normally doesn't harden and members have had good luck with it. Some auto parts stores have it and I've seen it at Lowes. Here's a link to show you what it is.

Amazon.com: Fluid Film Spray 11 3/4 OZ AEROSOL CAN: Automotive