New NX4510 CHST Owner!

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner! #1  

ToddyKioti

Tractor
Kioti CK25HST, NX4510
Hi All,

I purchased a NX4510 in November and thought I would write a quick post to let you know my thoughts.

First of all, I was real concerned about going to tier 4 and how often regen would be required. I have about 30 hours on the machine and have yet to go through a regen cycle.

The fit and finish of the cab is much better than the LS that I also looked at. The Kioti cab is also much quieter than the LS and the controls are much more ergonomically placed, in my opinion.

The tractor has plenty of horsepower for my needs and is able to lift a ton of pellets out of my truck which is a huge bonus! My previous tractor was a CK25HST which served me well but I got it in my head that I wanted more power and a Cab! So far I have been very happy with my choice.

There are a few things that I wish were done differently however, I have found ways to work around them. The first is the tractor runs cold...Too Cold! In Maine at 0 degrees outside the temp lever will not even move. Even after an hour of operating at around 2000rpm's it will slightly increase but it is nowhere near the normal operating temperature. This was a simple fix. I taped cardboard to block 1/2 of the radiator.

The operator present switch can be somewhat of a pain as you need to place the tractor in neutral and set the brake in order to dismount the tractor. Yes, this is a safe way to operate but sometimes you want to jump in and out real quick and this safety device can irritate me a bit. I realize this can be bypassed and I may have to do this in the future.

Finally, I wish the lights would stay on as a courtesy for a minute or two so that you can safely climb out of the cab. The owners manual mentions that the work lamps will stay of for 30 seconds, however, I am not sure if my tractor has this option or if there is something special I need to do to activate the feature.

BTW, I had the lower radiator and fuel heaters installed at the dealer and this tractor fired right up, without glow plug activation even on a -30 morning!

Overall I LOVE my new tractor.

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner! #2  
Congrats on the new tractor, I have the nx5510 cab and have been really pleased so far. I too had to deal with the seat switch, and added a few assesirys to mine. I've had mine just over a year and only have a 160 hrs.

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner! #3  
Congrats on the new machine!

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner!
Thanks guys, It was through lots of research on this site that helped me make the decision. Life has been busy for me with a new child and running a business so I do not have time to contribute as much as I wish. I am trying to get better at that.

Countrybumpkin, before you modified your seat switch did it beep if you got out of the seat with the tractor in gear? I seem to remember test driving a 4510 at a different dealer than where I purchased and every time I lifted out of the seat a warning buzzer would sound. Mine does not do that and if I forget to put it in neutral and set the parking brake I am out of the tractor and on the ground when it finally decides to shut off...lol. I guess that is the most frustrating part about the seat switch. I would rather it die immediately or not at all! Not 15 seconds later.

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner! #5  
Mine is a shuttle shift not a hydro so could be some differences not sure, but mine just died about 2 seconds after raising up out of the seat. To bypass it I just replaced the 2 shoulder bolts that go through the the springs on the front side of the seat cushion with shorter full threaded metric bolts.

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner! #6  
[snip] I seem to remember test driving a 4510 at a different dealer than where I purchased and every time I lifted out of the seat a warning buzzer would sound. Mine does not do that and if I forget to put it in neutral and set the parking brake I am out of the tractor and on the ground when it finally decides to shut off...lol. [snip]

My NX4510HSTcab is as yours. No audible warning. It would be a nice feature, but it's not an issue for me. After 170 hrs, I've just gotten into the habit of setting the parking brake and slipping into neutral. Takes at most three seconds. I'd much rather have the safety feature than circumvent it to save all that time. :laughing:

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner! #7  
Mine doesn't beep either.

I'm just wondering Where's it gonna go being hydro?

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner! #8  
Mine doesn't beep either.

I'm just wondering Where's it gonna go being hydro?

Trust me, a hydro will still take off. And yes I've learned that first hand.

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner!
Well that is odd, I distinctly remember test driving a NX4510HST Cab and when I parked it and set the brake (but did not put gear shift to neutral) and I got out of the seat, it had an audible alarm that was constant right up until the engine shut down. I remember having a few seconds of freak out as I have never heard such an alarm in a tractor, lol. I thought I may have activated a self destruct mode or something. Anyway, this particular tractor was well weathered from being on the lot so maybe it was something Kioti was "trying" out.

I agree, it does not take that long to change the gear and set the brake, that is why I will continue to operate with the seat switch in tact and just try to get into a routine. I think I am getting there but after 7 years of my CK25HST that had very limited safety switches, it seems it allowed me to get away with too much and I picked up some bad habits. That is my fault, not the tractors.

/ New NX4510 CHST Owner! #10  
Interesting on safety switch My machine is gear and I always put in neutral and set brake before dismounting it is muscle memory at this point Joel

Last edited: