hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
Today I changed the hydraulic fluid in my CK25 gear. When I started the tractor and began circulating the new fluid, the big hose (~27 mm ID) on the main line from the filter ruptured. I had to remove the backhoe, front end loader, and right side loader mount to get to it :mad:. Does anyone have a service manual and is willing to look up the part number and description for me? Hose sits about right in front of the starter. I want to get a replacement, maybe heavier duty. But, I'm sure this hose is there to absorb vibrations and such so that the hard lines don't fracture. Would I be OK using a heavier duty hose, which I expect will be stiffer?

Thanks for you help.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #2  
That seems a unusual thing to happen, for a major hose like that to rupture right after changing fluid.
To get a part number go to MIE's site and it will be in their parts listings.
I wouldn't think going to a heavier duty hose would be necessary; the original is what was specked to fit your machine. How many hours do you have on the tractor and how long has it been since you did your last hyd fluid change? Are there any signs that the hose was failing, prior to the fluid change?
You can ask Tony or Bob at Michigan Iron & Equipment if they've ever seen this happen on similar Kioti tractors to you model/year. They're really good folks, and should be able to get your machine straightened out.

Please share the outcome.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump
It's a 10 year old tractor. So, I guess it's time for hoses to start failing. This hose is in a particularly bad spot, sandwiched behind the loader mounting frame and the engine compartment. The hose was clearly fatigued. The braiding was frayed all around and the rubber rupture is about 3/4". After the fluid change, there was some air in the lines. As the air worked its way out and the loader to started to respond is when it happened. Likely a rapid change in pressure as the lines filled with oil caused the rupture.

The tractor has 600 hours on it. Last change at 200 hours. I could not find a parts diagram on MIE website. It just points me to the loader hydraulics. I'll look again. Because the hose is so hard to get to, I'd like to use a better hose. In 10 years I've never had the loader off. Luckily I keep it greased and it came off easily. Now the loader mounting bracket, that's another story. Very tight fit around hardlines and such. Plus it's a heavy bugger that has to manipulated carefully or it'll tear something up on the way out.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #4  
You're best off calling them Monday to get the exact hose you need. Sounds like I thought it might- worn protective braid, and a jolt of pressure blew it out.
Not to say a beefier hose wouldn't help- but if something's gonna blow, better a hose that's worn out than something downstream that might cost a lot more...no?
Sort of cheap insurance against damaging something more costly.
Ask Tony- they do a lot of hydraulic implement fabrication and the like- I'm sure they can get it done for you.

If you're not sleeving your hydraulic lines where chaffing and similar can occur, I suggest starting with whatever you use to replace the original line, and do so now.

Maybe somewhere in this tree? Parts lookup is NOT an easy task on these....

OEM Parts

You have to keep drilling down from the basic model into a specific group- which is anybody's guess where it could be hiding....:confused3:

I can't find anything on the ARI web site for parts for Kioti tractors, but I don't use it a lot.....
I think they, Kioti or whoever does the actual listing data makes it as confusing as possible just because they can..... JMHO.:confused2:

Michigan Iron and Equipment
10231 Rose Blvd.
Morrice MI 48857
Phone: (517) 625-4590
Email: sales@michironandequip.com

Last edited:
Thanks. I found the part on MIE. $8 in parts and $18 to ship. No way shipping should be that much on 1/4 lb order. Since it likely won't get processed until Monday, I'm going to stop in at the Bobcat dealer down the street and see if they can get it for me a bit cheaper. If not, then I'll just have to order.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #6  
Shipping is ridiculous these days on stuff that costs next to nothing.
Let us know what you get and where. Where was the part located in the tree?

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #7  
Is it part #13 in this diagram?

OEM Parts

The hydraulic pump sucks oil through the filter and this hose, it is not under any significant pressure. What was the failure mode. chafing? Where did it fail?

I would not use a heavier hose unless that was a factory change. But if the hose chafed in the middle, I would protect it.

Yes. Part 13. Failure may have been chafing. The braid on the back side (toward alternator) was badly frayed. But there was no apparent chafing of the rubber. I know it's on the low pressure side, but most likely age + rapid pressure change + failed braid. I'm guessing the braid prevents rapid expansion at any one point. I heard it happen, like opening a can of soda - pfst!

Yeah. Suppliers could do us all a service and offer something other than UPS. UPS is too expensive for small parts. USPS is as fast or faster than UPS ground and costs much less. For $18 he could ship it fed-ex overnight. In this case, I would be very happy to get it over night as the tractor is dead in my garage and can't be moved until it is repaired.

/ hydraulic hose on main line to/from filter/pump #10  
I would be going to the auto parts store and getting that hose. They have all grades and sizes of hose. You might double check and made sure you have the right filter.