Cracked interior

/ Cracked interior #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
So I was using my NX6010 the other day and as I was getting out I noticed some cracks of the interior panels over the left wheel well. The cracks are right around the bolts that hold the panels to the frame. It looks like the winter temperatures caused the plastic to expand/contract and thus break. Perhaps the factory tightened them too much, I've never touched them. I'm going to try and get it covered under warranty, but if that fails what type of plastic would this trim be and thus any recommendations of glue/epoxy to use. Thanks

-Craig

/ Cracked interior #2  
I have a DK50SE HST and my fender covers are vinyl covered foam. When I bought the tractor, the fender cover on the left side had a small nick in it. It was replaced by the dealer before delivery, and Kioti stuffed the replacement in a small box and it arrived wrinkled and creased. The creases did not come out when installed. Two years later, after finally getting Kioti to send another panel - which also arrived with creases in it - Kioti is saying they will not replace the panel again and too bad for you. The dealer told me the new tractors have the plastic wheel well covers. They also said they are all cracked coming from the factory.

/ Cracked interior #3  
Had one fender crack on my NX6010 this winter where the bolt held it to the frame. The tractor was purchased new in Nov of 2015. Kioti replaced in on warranty.

/ Cracked interior
Yeah I talked to my dealer as well, they felt it would be covered under warranty as well. Here is what my fender looks like.

IMG_20160407_070624.jpg

Thanks
Craig

/ Cracked interior #5  
On my NX6010, the orange driver side fender was cracked from the bolt thru, all the way across the fender. Happened in mid winter so I suppose that it had something to do with the cold temps. I do store my tractor in a heated building.

/ Cracked interior #6  
From the pic above it appears to be a manufacturing defect in materials/workmanship. Kioti should not be blowing owners off on this issue- that's what warranty is for. If they keep sending damaged panels, then they need to step up and remedy the issue with better packaging, and reworking of the panels until the problem is solved and no longer occurring.
This is not a customer created fault from use/abuse.
I suggest contacting not only one's selling dealer; also lodge written complaints to Kioti Corporate and express your dismay as to how the issue is being handled. Phone calls do NOT have the effect emails and letters do. Phone calls don't create a permanent record.....

To the OP, BTW, to my knowledge, no epoxy/glue etc. will fix that problem. It is one of materials used not being strong enough at stress points, and it will just keep breaking until the universe ceases to exist, or the cows all come home, whichever occurs first!:confused3: Sorry, hate to see you waste time trying to fix the cake left out in the rain. I could of course be wrong about this, but not too likely....

Keep after Kioti on it....

/ Cracked interior #7  
From the pic above it appears to be a manufacturing defect in materials/workmanship. Kioti should not be blowing owners off on this issue- that's what warranty is for. If they keep sending damaged panels, then they need to step up and remedy the issue with better packaging, and reworking of the panels until the problem is solved and no longer occurring.
Can't tell from the pictures if its a defect or the bolts were simply over tighten for a plastic panel.

Last edited:
   / Cracked interior #8  
Can't tell from the pictures if its a defect or the bolts were simply over tighten for a plastic panel.

Did you read all the other posts, especially post #2? Seems there is a factory-installed issue going on here, from what I can ascertain. Maybe I'm misreading what the posters are saying?:confused3:

/ Cracked interior #9  
Did you read all the other posts, especially post #2? Seems there is a factory-installed issue going on here, from what I can ascertain. Maybe I'm misreading what the posters are saying?:confused3:

I think Nj gsp's fenders were vinyl-covered foam, though. Sounds like the other issues were with the newer all-polymer fenders, and Kioti seems to be stepping up on it as a warranty issue.