Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #1  

Pete28

Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the form and have a hydraulic issue so I'm looking for help from the wealth of knowledge that exists here.
I had parked the tractor after clearing the driveway of snow which was only about 12" deep and everything had been operating normally. The tractor was parked outside as usual and a cold snap in the -40's came through. I tried to use the tractor during those cold days and realized that I had no hydraulics to the FEL or backhoe attachment. I assumed this had something to do with the extreme cold and shut it down to await warmer temps. The next time I went to use it was just below 32コ F and again no hydraulics what so ever. I checked fluid levels and everything ok. When its running, it seems to be making a whining noise that I never noticed before that goes away when you depress the clutch and the pump seems to be getting hot to the touch.

Would love to hear from anyone thats experienced this before or who might know what the issue could be.
Thanks in advance and I look forward to leaning lots on this forum.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #3  
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the form and have a hydraulic issue so I'm looking for help from the wealth of knowledge that exists here.
I had parked the tractor after clearing the driveway of snow which was only about 12" deep and everything had been operating normally. The tractor was parked outside as usual and a cold snap in the -40's came through. I tried to use the tractor during those cold days and realized that I had no hydraulics to the FEL or backhoe attachment. I assumed this had something to do with the extreme cold and shut it down to await warmer temps. The next time I went to use it was just below 32コ F and again no hydraulics what so ever. I checked fluid levels and everything ok. When its running, it seems to be making a whining noise that I never noticed before that goes away when you depress the clutch and the pump seems to be getting hot to the touch.

Would love to hear from anyone thats experienced this before or who might know what the issue could be.
Thanks in advance and I look forward to leaning lots on this forum.

Do you have a remote? Check if on. Sounds like your pump is dead heading.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby
Please excuse my lack of knowledge when it comes to hydraulics but what exactly is "dead heading"?

Pete

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #5  
Please excuse my lack of knowledge when it comes to hydraulics but what exactly is "dead heading"?

Pete

Pressure will rise to a maximum value before the relief valve opens and
maintains that maximum pressure.

The pressure relief valve opens and that is the whine you hear but the oil gets very hot from the high pressure return.
o “Dead-heading” the system occurs when the fluid in a system is prevented from
flowing and the pressure in the system reaches a maximum value.

Okay, thanks Murph.
What could cause that to happen. The tractor was working fine when parked and there are no leaks anywhere. Where do I go from here?

Pete

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #7  
Okay, thanks Murph.
What could cause that to happen. The tractor was working fine when parked and there are no leaks anywhere. Where do I go from here?

Pete

Do you have any remote hydraulics? How long did you let the machine warm up?

Just for the Backhoe but thats it. No other hook ups.

/ Kyoti CK35 HST hydraulic woe's from a newby #9  
I've had a issue with it sticking since new. Its currently stuck in the position to operate the backhoe but its been that way for a while and was told by the dealer that its okay to run with it in that position all the time.