Third function

/ Third function #1  

Bandit2026

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 8N, Kioti CK35
My son and I want to put a third function on a ck35. We have most of it figured out except fitting to replace banjo fitting. Also mounting of some parts. I'm sure someone has done or had it done for a grapple. Would love to have some pictures to help this along. Thanks

/ Third function #2  
The fitting you will need to replace the banjo fitting is a male BSPP , you will have to measure the thread size to find out what size you need. I will look around and see if I can find the specs for BSPP fittings.

/ Third function #3  
My son and I want to put a third function on a ck35. We have most of it figured out except fitting to replace banjo fitting. Also mounting of some parts. I'm sure someone has done or had it done for a grapple. Would love to have some pictures to help this along. Thanks

British standard pipe perpetual. Hit up your local Parker or hydraulics jobber.

/ Third function #4  
Thanks for the help so far guys!

As luck (or Murphys Law) would have it, when we had the bolt pulled, the calipers were at my place and not dad's so this was the best I could do with what I had.

0416161643a.jpg0416161644.jpg0416161644b.jpg0416161645.jpg

Based on what you all are telling us & some standard dimensions I found HERE (and since 3/8" = 9.5ish mm) I'm guessing that we now need a 3/8" BSPP Male to NPT Female adapter (as I was previously leaning towards an M18X1.5 to NPT)

If someone out there with a bit more know how could "check my math" I would appreciate it.

I did run by the local Parker distributor today but trying to guess from pictures wasn't very productive.

Thanks again!

/ Third function #5  
Look at the chart in the pic, it gives the O.D. In mm and inches for the BSPP

3/8 is 16.5 mm or 0.65 in

Attachments

• image-875803946.jpg
    image-875803946.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 231
   / Third function #6  
Look at the chart in the pic, it gives the O.D. In mm and inches for the BSPP

3/8 is 16.5 mm or 0.65 in

And this is where the world of hydraulic fittings gets confusing - just exactly what dimension of a "3/8 inch fitting" is the 3/8 inch referring to? :confused:

If you look at the 2nd picture I posted it looks like the width of our bolt is between 16 and 17 mm - which matches the 16.5mm or .65" in the chart you list.

Additionally, If you look at the 3rd picture I attached, the orifice opening is just under 10mm.

3/8" (or 0.375") is mathematically 9.5 mm and in the link I have there that shows the orifice size of the "3/8-19" banjo bolt as 9mm. Unfortunately it does not give a total OD of the threaded portion but obviously it must be larger than 3/8"

So with yours and Eric's vote on the BSPP as thread type, I think we've confirmed the size as a 3/8"

Now lets see if we can find some. LOL

Thank you for all the help thus far. Any other tips, tricks, or been there - done that's are still welcome.

/ Third function #7  
Check surplus city or discount hydraulics.

/ Third function #8  
---------------------

Thank you for all the help thus far. Any other tips, tricks, or been there - done that's are still welcome.
When you don't have calipers, use an adjustable (Cresent) wrench on the OD, then measure the gap of the jaws with a ruler.

I have also used a C clamp on large diameter pipe or tubing, then measure the opening. Not super accurate, but better than eyeballing it.

/ Third function #9  
Check surplus city or discount hydraulics.

Put my order in yesterday with Discount hydraulics. Got the BSPP conversion fittings, my couplers, some dual hose clamp blocks and some other misc fittings.

Already have our solenoid, subplate, and control grip (went w/ the piece mill JD setup). And I built a small controller board for the relays between the grip & the solenoid.

Basically we have everything in hand or on the way except the hoses and I have found a local supply house to make those.

Good Lord willing - this weekend we will:
Start fabbing up the mounting plate for the solenoid/subplate and get it mounted.
Get the new grip installed and all the wiring / electronic work done.
Fab & mount the front couplers on the cross tube
Get the measurements for all the hoses and decide which fittings we want on each & I'll get those fabbed up next week.

Should probably start ordering a grapple at some point too LOL :cool2:

When you don't have calipers, use an adjustable (Cresent) wrench on the OD, then measure the gap of the jaws with a ruler.

I have also used a C clamp on large diameter pipe or tubing, then measure the opening. Not super accurate, but better than eyeballing it.

Ya know - I dunno why I didn't think of that. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. :thumbsup:

Thanks Again everyone for the Hints & Help

/ Third function #10  
Any chance you would share the part numbers you ordered I want to do the same to my CK35.