Tires 11 hours and a flat CK2610

/ 11 hours and a flat CK2610 #1  

AspenPilot

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
Moving some dirt this afternoon, and when I started to backup, the tractor started shaking. Also notice that I was listing to the right. Got off the tractor and saw that the bead on the right rear had blown. Was able to limp back to the shed and got in touch with my salesman. He told me that he will cover this, as this should not have happened. He will be sending a mechanic to fix and get me going again. The bad part about this...I had to move three yards of dirt with a shovel and wheelbarrow. Glad I was not around before tractors. LOL

/ 11 hours and a flat CK2610 #2  
Oof that stinks, glad to hear the dealer is coming right out to help you. It's good doing business with a reputable dealer that'll help you out. I've moved so much dirt and manure lately that I forgot not long ago I was out there with a shovel and wheel barrel myself, I cringe at the thought of doing it again. Good Luck and enjoy that new machine, that ck2610 is a really great machine. Donnie

/ 11 hours and a flat CK2610 #3  
What caused it to go flat? Puncture? Just low to begin with and rolled off? Stick jammed between the rim and bead? Broke off a valve stem?

/ 11 hours and a flat CK2610
Found out today the cause of the failure was because of a defect in the tire's bead. Replaced by the dealer at no cost.

/ 11 hours and a flat CK2610
*** Update ***

The dealer called me today to give me an update on the root cause for the tire failure. When delivering new tractors, they set the rear tires to 14psi. After they some investigation, they told me they ascertained the tires are not capable of running that low. They told me the correct pressure should be between 30 and 35, with 40 being the absolute maximum. To replace the tire, they sent a mechanic at a time I specified, and replaced the tire and rim. They did this because they did not know if the rim may have been bad, but also because it was the fastest way to get the tractor back to work.

Looks like LD1 gets the gold star!!!

/ 11 hours and a flat CK2610 #6  
Glad they took care of you.

I still wouldn't think 14psi is low enough to let the tire roll off though??? Not sure what size rears you have, but my 24" R1 rears only run with 10-12 psi.