NX safety seat switch mod

/ NX safety seat switch mod #1  

comancheflight

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HC
Most will think this is crazy and wonder 'why' but it was raining and I wanted to take a day off and play so I did the seat switch mod for the heck of it.

I already put the standard jumper wire in but decided to put it back and make a different mod. So I started by checking the schematic and and verified it is a 12V signal. I measured the current and it is just over 8ma. An LED lighted switch operates just over 8ma so I paralleled wired and ran them to the switch console and installed a blue LED rocker switch. So now, in the off position the seat operates as factory. In the on position it bypasses the switch and when you get off the seat it illuminates blue. Anyway if for some reason I want to put it back to factory I can with the flick of a switch.
Pic 1 - over ride on with butt in seat
Pic 2 - over ride on and butt out of seat.

Note - they make dual LED lights and would be easy to modify this to illuminate green when in factory mode and red when disabled but the switch delivered was almost $20 so I just used this switch.

20160429_130447.jpg
20160429_130442.jpg
20160429_130647.jpg

Attachments

• 20160429_130423.jpg
    20160429_130423.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 276
Last edited:
   / NX safety seat switch mod #2  
Very nice. What circuit was 12v+? The seat switch wire? I'd like to do this too.

/ NX safety seat switch mod #3  
Very nice!

/ NX safety seat switch mod
The seat switch is 12V circuit @ just over 8ma

/ NX safety seat switch mod #5  
Yep thank you that is what I want especially when my kids visit who don't have much tractor experience. When they learn of new tractor with the cool toys oops TOOLS visits may become more frequent LOL.

/ NX safety seat switch mod #6  
Ok I'm back, looking at led on off rocker switch 12 v ok but what amp? I did say I am DUMB in electronics and does this need in line fuse? Fortunately I have a neighbor who can help me if needed but I really need to try and understand some basics.

Thank you

/ NX safety seat switch mod #7  
On my kubota it's a 5amp circuit. I'd bet money yours is the same. You can confirm in your fuse bow. So anything 5amps and up. The circuit is already fused.

/ NX safety seat switch mod
Reread my initial post. The circuit is approx 8ma. It is basically a continuity circuit. Bottom line is ANY switch will work. IF you want a lighted switch it MUST be an LED since the current isn't enough to use other light switches (not enough current to lite it up)..

If you don't want a light and you just want a normal/bypass then ANY switch will work and you do not need to concern yourself with current.

No, an in line fuse is not required.

Last edited:
   / NX safety seat switch mod #9  
Ok, I think I got it. Lighted led yes, understood that. When I go into town I should be able to get at NAPA.
thank you.