CK2510 Trans filter stuck?!?

/ CK2510 Trans filter stuck?!? #1  

barko1

Bronze Member
Tractor
kioti 2510
Doing the 50 hour maintenance on my 2510 HST. Oil filter, hydro filter all changed out but trying to get the trans filter off has me frustrated. Used a standard auto filter tool for the first 2 filters and while they were put on tight no problem. Went to try the same on the black trans filter that is under by the right wheel, wouldn't budge so I added a little cheater bar and then bent the handle of the filter wrench. Got out the chain type filter remover tool and added a bigger cheater bar and now it still won't come off but the filter started to crush. So what are my options? Thanks

/ CK2510 Trans filter stuck?!? #2  
It will be messy, but drive a bar through the filter and twist it off. Had to do this on an older Harley that someone didn't put a little oil on the gasket before installation.

I have heard of this issue with Kioti, but my 2610 spun off with just a little force on a regular oil wrench (it had rubber inside loop part, might of helped).

/ CK2510 Trans filter stuck?!? #3  
Put the chain wrench up as close to the end of the filter you can, next to were it seats against the housing, this should allow you to get a good tight grip on it without it crushing as bad.

/ CK2510 Trans filter stuck?!? #4  
If all else fails, use a screw driver and hammer.
Place blade of screwdriver on beaded edge of filter and tap with hammer. 😜

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ CK2510 Trans filter stuck?!? #5  
Yeah, Kioti uses a 500# gorilla to put the filters on, then paints over them. The first time is a pain. Just crank down on them. My issue was the oil pan drain plugs. Used a razor to cut the paint, then a big wrench.

/ CK2510 Trans filter stuck?!?
I'll get back to it tomorrow. Bought a super size gorilla pliers today and hope that'll do it. I'll try to see if there is any paint I could slice as well.

Well the giant slip joint pliers did the trick. The filter was starting to leak from collapsing, squeezed as best I could and pulled and she started to move. Couldn't get higher on the filter with all the lines in the way. Next time should be easy, thanks for the feedback. That was my first ever tractor service. Lot easier to get to than most machines.

/ CK2510 Trans filter stuck?!? #8  
Doing the 50 hour maintenance on my 2510 HST. Oil filter, hydro filter all changed out but trying to get the trans filter off has me frustrated. Used a standard auto filter tool for the first 2 filters and while they were put on tight no problem. Went to try the same on the black trans filter that is under by the right wheel, wouldn't budge so I added a little cheater bar and then bent the handle of the filter wrench. Got out the chain type filter remover tool and added a bigger cheater bar and now it still won't come off but the filter started to crush. So what are my options? Thanks

Use a big pair of channel lock pliers - will crush the filter but who cares? You are going to put on a fresh one anyway.

Yep that is what worked, next time should be easier. Only other trouble I had was flat tires on the front, let better than flat tires on the back.