CK2510 HST forward/reverse pedal doesn't return to center

/ CK2510 HST forward/reverse pedal doesn't return to center #1  

handtools

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 Kioti Ck2510HST TLB, 2017 Ariens Apex ZTR 60"
The pedal on my CK2510 HST stays in the forward position after taking my foot off, which makes close quarters maneuvering interesting :eek: It returns immediately from the reverse position. I lubricated the linkage but that doesn't seem to make any difference. It started acting this way during the winter so I attributed it to the cold but now that the weather has warmed up it's still doing it. Are there adjustments I can make or is it a trip to the dealer?

/ CK2510 HST forward/reverse pedal doesn't return to center #2  
Look to see if it has a damper -- that may need lube or it may be stuck. Almost all HST tractors have some sort of damper to control the rate of return of the pedals/treadle. There will be springs to pull it back to center, and the damper controls the rate. I'd say study the whole linkage extensively and you're bound to find out what's sticking.

/ CK2510 HST forward/reverse pedal doesn't return to center #3  
A thread on this shows up pretty regularly. Mine is doing it more now so I'll be watching this thread. It does seem to be fixable. For now I just tap reverse and it centers, but I'll get around to working on it one of these days...

/ CK2510 HST forward/reverse pedal doesn't return to center
Thanks for the replies, I'll take a closer look and see what I can find.

/ CK2510 HST forward/reverse pedal doesn't return to center #5  
It's common on the hst. My 2004 CK30hst did it once until I started regular yearly lubing. As mentioned, check the linkage well and the dampener. Lube it all well. On mine the culprit was where the shaft entered the trans case. I used PB Blaster to loosen it up and then a spray white lithium grease. It gets the lithium at least once a year and sometimes twice, Spring and Fall. Never had a problem in the past 10 years being lubed up.

I didn't get time to look at it much today but as I was walking by the tractor I pushed the pedal and it returned to center just fine without the tractor running?

/ CK2510 HST forward/reverse pedal doesn't return to center #7  
The Bobcat dealer installed a new damper on my CT225 when I bought it. Helped a little. It is a know problem with some of the Bobcat/Kioti tractors. Search the threads - If I can find the thread I will post you a link. Lube does help but that is not the root cause of the problem.

SJay thanks for the link, I read through it and hope the HST doesn't need to be replaced :eek: I spent some time checking and lubing the linkage today, seems to work OK without the tractor running but didn't get a chance to get it out of the barn and run it yet. Hopefully get a chance this weekend to check it out running. On a side note my new LocknLube works awesome!

/ CK2510 HST forward/reverse pedal doesn't return to center #10  
My CK27 has had a new HST installed and still on occasion keeps moving after releasing the pedal some times in forward and sometimes in reverse with 260 hrs. on the machine. My last tractor a case didn't start doing it until after 3,500 hrs. and I fixed it by rebuilding the warn out linkage. Tomorrow I'll try lubing it and see if that helps.