NX 4510 - Auto PTO not working

/ NX 4510 - Auto PTO not working #1  

FJB338

Tractor
2015 Kioti NX4510 HST
Hello all. First time poster here so be gentle :)
We purchased the 2015 tractor used with 172 hours on it. The PTO works fine in manual mode but the Auto PTO does not. It is my understanding that while PTO is engaged and you lift the rear 3pt the PTO should disengage. Ours does not. Speaking with the dealer who sold it has not been able to shed any light on the solution. Bringing the tractor back is a pain as we are 3 hour away and we do not have a trailer to do this. I feel this is their responsibility as we took delivery with this condition pre existing. I didn't know enough to have them remedy this before we took it up north. Any suggestions or where should I begin to troubleshoot the problem?
Thanking you all in advance.
Frank

/ NX 4510 - Auto PTO not working #2  
Just watched a youtube vid. of a NX 4510 by Barrett's Equip. Did a good job of explaining all the controls . As for the Auto PTO - said it shuts off the pto when it reaches a certain height . So I would think it must need something adjusted or a switch .

/ NX 4510 - Auto PTO not working
That's what I was hoping too. Now just to find the positioning switch. Also Is there a chance that it could be a fuse since it is electronically controlled?

/ NX 4510 - Auto PTO not working #4  
Cab or open station? On cab models it's a micro switch under the trim panel covering the the 3pt position lever to the right of the seat.

Its open station. ROPS

/ NX 4510 - Auto PTO not working #6  
On my DK, the 3-point needs to get fairly high before the auto PTO cutoff disengages the PTO. But frankly, you should be manually starting (at low RPM) the PTO and manually stopping it. I leave my switch in auto but only in case I have a brain fart and forget.

On the schematic, the NX looks like the DK. The only difference between manual and auto is a microswitch somewhere in the 3-point and yours apparently isn't working or is out of adjustment (more likely). Something to fix someday but not a show stopper.

Last edited:
   / NX 4510 - Auto PTO not working #7  
On my open station DK it is under the 3pt lever bezel too. You can see it on a sunny day if you look in the levers slide path.

/ NX 4510 - Auto PTO not working #8  
So thinking out of the box. Our CK30 H with a brush hog on the back will keep spinning more than a minute after you shut the PTO off. Is that whats happening to you ?

That may be. I will have to check this weekend. When there is nothing on the shaft it appears to keep running though.

I am manually starting at low rpm but i figure i paid for the feature to work so it should regardless if I use it or not.