2510H Zerk fitting

/ 2510H Zerk fitting #1  

PNWKioti

Tractor
Kioti 2510H
Hello fellow Kioti owners. Here's a little introduction. I've been lurking around for a few months, reading threads, researching my tractor purchase. In March, I pulled the trigger on a new 2510 HST FEL W/toothbar and a boxblade. This is my first tractor and I'm having a blast learning to master the art of using the FEL (I do believe its an art). I have 2.5 acres partially cleared with a gravel drive to maintain. So far, I've used the tractor to grade my drive (another art I'm going to need work on), and cleared a 45x35 spot for my garden. I dug out a lot of 3"-6" stumps as well as 3 in the 12-18" range...I think this would have been impossible without the toothbar btw.

Now the reason for my post. When I was doing my 10hr maintenance I found a few grease fitting that would not accept any grease. No biggy, I just removed a good one, installed it, greased the fitting and reinstalled the old fitting once it was lubed up. Problem is I cant find replacements at any of my local auto parts stores. Does anyone know the thread size of these Zerk fittings? I brought one with me to the store to match up and was told it was a 10mmx1, got home and it was a no go, too big. 8mm is definitely too small. I put a caliper on the org one and the 10mm, and there is about a .020 difference. Any help would be appreciated. I'm also having an issue shifting between high and low...ill save that for its own thread once I get a better idea what's happening.

Also, on a side note, I have a workshop manual. For those of you that don't and have questions that can be answered in the manual, feel free to ask!

/ 2510H Zerk fitting #2  
Look here.

It is an odball (BSP) size. This is an old and recurring subject. Dealer is your best bet if one is nearby. Otherwise look on the net.

/ 2510H Zerk fitting #3  
Welcome and congrats on the new tractor! You will love it. I have about 120 hrs on mine and daydream all the time at work about stuff I could be doing with it or upgrades lol. I'm assuming your talking about the grease fittings on the loader? I also have the same issue with switching from high and low, sometimes it doesn't want to go in gear. I usually roll forward a little and it will shift fine. Also, what type of toothbar do you have? Need pics!

/ 2510H Zerk fitting #4  
I've got a couple zerks that wouldn't take grease on our CK35 last time I gave it the once over so I bought us one of these bad boys.

The Zerk Zapper Grease Fitting Tool - Made in the USA

The theory on how it works and reviews I found on other forums were pretty good and I figure we are forever getting a clogged fitting on something between tractors, mowers, and implements so why not?

My first "chore" this weekend is going to be another top to bottom greasing of the tractor and disk harrow so I'll most likely get to give this little guy a chance soon.

/ 2510H Zerk fitting #5  
I've got a couple zerks that wouldn't take grease ...

I had a similar problem with a couple loader zerks when I first got my (used) tractor. I removed the offending fitting and cleaned it out from the thread end with a pick (like dental tools). It looked like it was plugged with dry grease and some kind of fibrous stuff. After cleaning, I verified that grease would pass and reinstalled. No problems since.

Oh yeah, I did this only after finding that none of my stock of zerks would fit.

/ 2510H Zerk fitting
1/8" BSP....never heard of such a thing. Thanks for the knowledge transfer. Ill order some up online, my dealer is over an hour away.

southern Al- Im going away for the holiday weekend, ill post some picks of the toothbar when I get back. Not sure on the manufacture, I ordered it through the dealer and there are no makers mark on it. HUGE difference in digging ability, especially if your trying to dig out stumps.

/ 2510H Zerk fitting
Here is a pic of the toothbar as requested:
20160604_114304_resized.jpg
20160604_114324_resized.jpg

/ 2510H Zerk fitting #8  
I really like that. Anyway you can find out who makes it? Is that a 5 ft. boxblade?

/ 2510H Zerk fitting #9  
I've got a couple zerks that wouldn't take grease on our CK35 last time I gave it the once over so I bought us one of these bad boys.

The Zerk Zapper Grease Fitting Tool - Made in the USA

The theory on how it works and reviews I found on other forums were pretty good and I figure we are forever getting a clogged fitting on something between tractors, mowers, and implements so why not?

My first "chore" this weekend is going to be another top to bottom greasing of the tractor and disk harrow so I'll most likely get to give this little guy a chance soon.
For the $35 for the zapper, you could have bought a drill bit, tap and a whole box of zerks and just remove the bastard sized one, drill out and tap for a standard USA zerk size and then problem solved for present and future needs.

/ 2510H Zerk fitting #10  
For the $35 for the zapper, you could have bought a drill bit, tap and a whole box of zerks and just remove the bastard sized one, drill out and tap for a standard USA zerk size and then problem solved for present and future needs.

True, but ...

Just last week I finally got my motorcycle back together after breaking the bolt that holds the seat on - and then breaking the tap off in the nut after I drilled out the old bolt. :mad:

and that one was in a very easy to get to right on top kind of place, imagine the zerk on the center of the front axle of the CK & what a PITA it would be to work under there if I screwed something up.

Needless to say me and taps don't get along so I'll pass.

Besides if I went to the trouble of taking the zerk out - I could just heat it with a torch, clean it, and put it back.

And FWIW - I did use the zapper on a couple stubborn zerks on the FEL. Loaded it with Hydraulic Fluid, couple taps with the hammer, and presto - greasing again.