Grapple

/ Grapple #1  

12Bravo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 TLB, Gill 5' Scraper Blade (Tilt/Angle)
What grapples are you all using on the smaller machines, CK series? I have the 2610 and need a grapple to pick some logs up.

I rented a set of pallet forks and it worked great. Only had one log I couldn't pick up, 20' long 20" diameter hemlock log, tractor said NOPE, not moving it. So I just pushed it out of the way.

Got my sawmill set up and need an easy way to move logs onto the mill.

Thanks

/ Grapple #2  
I use a tooth-bar and a Green's Machine Thumb and it works well.Also saves some money and weight.Used for loading a saw mill last summer and worked great.

/ Grapple
Thanks I will look them up.

/ Grapple
I use a tooth-bar and a Green's Machine Thumb and it works well.Also saves some money and weight.Used for loading a saw mill last summer and worked great.

How does that save weight?

It hooks to your bucket and adds weight to the bucket. With a grapple, it would have less metal than the bucket and top thumb combined. Money, yes it is cheaper than a dedicated grapple, but weight I need to look that up a bit more.

/ Grapple #5  
Many of us use 48" single lid grapples on CK and DK size tractors. Although not the cheapest, the slickest such grapple is made by Everything Attachments. I think they call it the compact grapple. It weighs less than 300lbs and is very nicely designed and built. Other companies make similar coarser and heavier versions of such a light duty grapple.

I have a 300lb 48" Millonzi grapple that has been clearing land for me over ten Summers first on a CK20 and now on a DK40se. Works great. I'd advise using rear remotes to control the grapple. Much cheaper and easier. Works just as well as diverted valve Etc.

A bucket grapple is also a reasonable solution but isn't as efficient or flexible. Much better than no grapple and about half as efficient as a true grapple. Cheaper for sure but needs the same hydraulic controls b

/ Grapple
Many of us use 48" single lid grapples on CK and DK size tractors. Although not the cheapest, the slickest such grapple is made by Everything Attachments. I think they call it the compact grapple. It weighs less than 300lbs and is very nicely designed and built. Other companies make similar coarser and heavier versions of such a light duty grapple.

I have a 300lb 48" Millonzi grapple that has been clearing land for me over ten Summers first on a CK20 and now on a DK40se. Works great.

I'd advise using rear remotes to control the grapple. Much cheaper and easier. Works just as well as diverted valve Etc.

I'll look them up.

I have an extra remote on the rear of my tractor. If I am not mistaken I can control the tractor grapple with pushing or pulling the valve one way then the other. I might be wrong, it's known to happen from time to time..:)

/ Grapple #7  
I bought the 48" grapple from Titan. It's working well, isn't super heavy weight wise and seems well built and a decent price.

/ Grapple #8  
image-319952372.jpg

This is the grapple we use it works great.

/ Grapple #9  
I'll look them up. I have an extra remote on the rear of my tractor. If I am not mistaken I can control the tractor grapple with pushing or pulling the valve one way then the other. I might be wrong, it's known to happen from time to time..:)
You are correct. One set of rear remotes plus about $75 of 3/8" hydraulic hose and quick connect fittings is all you need. That's how my CK20 was set up. Very efficient.