Options for 3rd Function on RX7320

/ Options for 3rd Function on RX7320 #1  

WesternMN

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
I'm picking up an RX7320 and I'd like to add 3rd function. I'm getting an price from the dealer and considering DIY as well if it isn't too complicated. Any recommendations on the best route to take?

/ Options for 3rd Function on RX7320 #2  
Can't say which is the best route, personal preference. True 3rd function you can do 3 functions at one time if you have everything just right. You have less control of the speed of the 3rd function because the valve is either open or closed, so there is no "real" feathering of that valve.
A true 3rd function valve typically gets plumbed into the power beyond line from the loader.

A diverter 3rd function typically uses the loader diverter curl circuit to operate the 3rd function. You have full control of the 3rd function, (fast, slow and anything in between)but cannot operate the curl function and the 3rd function at the same exact time.

Typically a true 3rd function for your size tractors pump flow is going to run $100-$150 more than a diverter 3rd function.

I can sell either to you for $800 shipped to your door.

I personally prefer the diverter 3rd function to be able to have feathering ability on my grapple, but that is just me.

If you do it yourself, you can get the cost down, but you will not have all the same items that are typically provided in a kit.

Good luck. ;)

/ Options for 3rd Function on RX7320
Can't say which is the best route, personal preference. True 3rd function you can do 3 functions at one time if you have everything just right. You have less control of the speed of the 3rd function because the valve is either open or closed, so there is no "real" feathering of that valve.
A true 3rd function valve typically gets plumbed into the power beyond line from the loader.

A diverter 3rd function typically uses the loader diverter curl circuit to operate the 3rd function. You have full control of the 3rd function, (fast, slow and anything in between)but cannot operate the curl function and the 3rd function at the same exact time.

Typically a true 3rd function for your size tractors pump flow is going to run $100-$150 more than a diverter 3rd function.

I can sell either to you for $800 shipped to your door.

I personally prefer the diverter 3rd function to be able to have feathering ability on my grapple, but that is just me.

If you do it yourself, you can get the cost down, but you will not have all the same items that are typically provided in a kit.

Good luck. ;)

Maybe a diverter is the way to go then since I'd like to be able to use some finesse and not just smash everything. Or maybe just running a line from the rear remote would work too? not as convenient but likely less expensive I'd assume.

/ Options for 3rd Function on RX7320 #4  
Maybe a diverter is the way to go then since I'd like to be able to use some finesse and not just smash everything. Or maybe just running a line from the rear remote would work too? not as convenient but likely less expensive I'd assume.

Running hoses from the rear to the front is by far less money. Depending on how you do it, but between $150 and $225. Sort of depends on where the control lever is with how inconvenient it would be. There are a lot of people that operate their grapples in that manor and seem to be satisfied.

Something else for you to consider for sure. :thumbsup:

Dealer quoted $500ish to run hoses from the back remote and about $1,600 for an electronic diverter with switch on the bucket control.

/ Options for 3rd Function on RX7320 #6  
Dealer quoted $500ish to run hoses from the back remote and about $1,600 for an electronic diverter with switch on the bucket control.

I understand that the dealers need to make some $$ and pay for the installation labor, but it always seems like for what they charge, they have never installed this stuff before and that they have no idea how long it will take, so they just pad the quote enough so that they can't lose.

Hard to tell for sure why they all seem to want so much $$$. :confused3:

If you do the hoses, yourself, $200 tops assuming you don't just go to the local high priced supplier. I've given you the costs for a complete 3rd function kit, either type. It would have this type of control grip that fits onto your joystick.

Attachments

• S-Series%201%20Button%20Black.jpg
    S-Series%201%20Button%20Black.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 240
I understand that the dealers need to make some $$ and pay for the installation labor, but it always seems like for what they charge, they have never installed this stuff before and that they have no idea how long it will take, so they just pad the quote enough so that they can't lose.

Hard to tell for sure why they all seem to want so much $$$. :confused3:

If you do the hoses, yourself, $200 tops assuming you don't just go to the local high priced supplier. I've given you the costs for a complete 3rd function kit, either type. It would have this type of control grip that fits onto your joystick.

Assuming that I am relatively mechanically competent, how long of a job is it to install the electric diverter kit? Any special tools required?

/ Options for 3rd Function on RX7320 #8  
Assuming that I am relatively mechanically competent, how long of a job is it to install the electric diverter kit? Any special tools required?

For me, about an hour, but then I've done more than one. Typically I would say a couple of hours for a first timer.

Std tools are all that would be required. Hardest thing is mounting the diverter valve itself. Need to drill 2 holes to bolt the valve to the loader.

If you want to get this kit from me, please fill out the contact form on my website.

Thanks

/ Options for 3rd Function on RX7320 #9  
We (Dad & I) just did a CK series a little over a month ago.

I ended up going the "Do-it-yourself" route. While I will not discourage anyone from doing this, it's not going to be as fast / easy as putting on a pre-made kit because you'll need to mount all your hardware first then measure for hoses afterward (unless you're a really good estimator or you're making the hoses yourself).
And there WILL be learning curve errors no matter how careful you are.

I did a complete write up (with pictures & prices) in the Customization section on ours. Be happy to answer any questions you have.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/358086-kioti-ck-35-3rd-function.html

/ Options for 3rd Function on RX7320 #10  
We (Dad & I) just did a CK series a little over a month ago.

I ended up going the "Do-it-yourself" route. While I will not discourage anyone from doing this, it's not going to be as fast / easy as putting on a pre-made kit because you'll need to mount all your hardware first then measure for hoses afterward (unless you're a really good estimator or you're making the hoses yourself).
And there WILL be learning curve errors no matter how careful you are.

I did a complete write up (with pictures & prices) in the Customization section on ours. Be happy to answer any questions you have.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/358086-kioti-ck-35-3rd-function.html