Quick attach handles keeping falling

/ Quick attach handles keeping falling #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
Hey everyone, I have a question. On my CK35, once I disconnect the bucket the handles on the quick connect begin to fall by themselves before I get a chance to reconnect to my forks. I've tighten them before and it has helped but hasn't fixed the problem. Spoke with the dealer who informed me they installed a piece of rubber behind the bolt of the handle for resistance so this doesn't happen. Does this make any sense? Anyone ever have to deal with this problem? Any info would be great.

Thanks

/ Quick attach handles keeping falling #2  
I had the same problem, every time I moved the lever it would loosen the bolt that goes through the spring, which is suppose to keep tension on the lever so it stays put. My solution was to take the bolt out, install one very thin greased stainless washer on each side of the spring and then put it back together. Now operating the lever no longer changes the tension setting. I would have liked to put 2 washers on each side of the spring but the tension bolt is not long enough. Been working for a few years now with just one washer. I'll post a picture later, hope this helps.

/ Quick attach handles keeping falling #3  
I put a wave washer under the handle bolt head where the handle rotates. I can get some pics tomorrow. worked great and no more issue.

/ Quick attach handles keeping falling
Thanks for the info guys. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. I was given a piece of rubber hose to put there but I think a stainless washer or a wave washer would be better.

/ Quick attach handles keeping falling #5  
Went out and operated the QA handles and they were both loosening the bolt. Sprayed some Fluid Film between the handle and stainless washer and all was fixed. I'm going to have to add this lube point to the regular greasing, and especially after a power wash. Hope this helps.

image-265979773.jpg

/ Quick attach handles keeping falling #6  
Here is a picture of what I did. Low profile and works great. Just used a large wave washer with a small spacer under the bolt head.
20160617_182901.jpg20160617_182852.jpg

/ Quick attach handles keeping falling
Sorry for the late reply guys, thanks for all the ideas and pics. I now know how I will attack the problem. Thanks