Just got an almost new RX7320 and have my first problem. Headlights blowing fuse.

/ Just got an almost new RX7320 and have my first problem. Headlights blowing fuse. #1  

WesternMN

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
I just picked up a used 2014 RX7320 with 43 hours on it yesterday. As evening approached I turned on the headlights, nothing. Checked to find fuse blown. I did a little trouble shooting, I unplugged both headlight assemblies, installed new fuse and it didn't pop. Plugged in the RH headlight assembly, turned on and it worked. Unplugged right, plugged in the left, turned on and fuse popped.

So, based on my powers of deductive reasoning, I'm guessing there is a short in left hand headlight assembly. Anybody have experience with this issue that might provide guidance?

/ Just got an almost new RX7320 and have my first problem. Headlights blowing fuse. #2  
I had the same problem on one of the rear tailights on the fender. I took light fixture off removed bulb and found the bulb housing wasn't seated correctly and created a dead short. I just manipulated into place and everything was good.

/ Just got an almost new RX7320 and have my first problem. Headlights blowing fuse.
I had the same problem on one of the rear tailights on the fender. I took light fixture off removed bulb and found the bulb housing wasn't seated correctly and created a dead short. I just manipulated into place and everything was good.

I'll dig into it more this evening. Hopefully the bulbs in the headlamp assembly are removable, it's got a projection lamp in there, I've never messed with them before.

/ Just got an almost new RX7320 and have my first problem. Headlights blowing fuse.
Just to update, I removed and disassembled the left headlight fixture, removed both bulbs, re-assembled and re-installed and now both headlights are working and not blowing fuses. I didn't see any obvious issue, maybe a wire was loose or one of the bulb keepers that attach to the ground screw was touching where it wasn't supposed to. Either way, it seems to be fixed.

/ Just got an almost new RX7320 and have my first problem. Headlights blowing fuse. #5  
Just to update, I removed and disassembled the left headlight fixture, removed both bulbs, re-assembled and re-installed and now both headlights are working and not blowing fuses. I didn't see any obvious issue, maybe a wire was loose or one of the bulb keepers that attach to the ground screw was touching where it wasn't supposed to. Either way, it seems to be fixed.
Just encountered the same problem have not done any troubleshooting yet tractor under warranty we will see how that goes

/ Just got an almost new RX7320 and have my first problem. Headlights blowing fuse. #6  
Just encountered the same problem have not done any troubleshooting yet tractor under warranty we will see how that goes
Did the problem come back to haunt you.