250 hr filter change

/ 250 hr filter change #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I'm coming up to my 250 hour filter change on my dk40 hst.
I know the hst filter will be easy, but the hydraulic filter is in question. Is there a trick to keep the fluid loss to a minimum?

/ 250 hr filter change #2  
Really? A 250 hours hydraulic filter change... wow. My 4105 doesn't require that until 400 hours.

I'm not questioning your ability to read a manual, mate, but that does seem short hours for an expensive filter (let alone the fluid you'll lose during the change).

/ 250 hr filter change
On my DK, the manual says after the initial 50 hour filter/fluid change, every 200 hours for the filters, 400 hours for the fluids.

/ 250 hr filter change #4  
That's pretty much the same recommendation in my manual but for fuel and oil filters + oil change. "They" treat the hydraulic filter as a separate thing because there's no way to stem the flow of the hydraulic fluid if you pull out just the hydraulic filter... that's why you wait until the 400 hour mark& do the fluid & filter together.

/ 250 hr filter change #5  
Use a shop vac on the hydraulic oil fill hole and change your filter.

/ 250 hr filter change
Use a shop vac on the hydraulic oil fill hole and change your filter.

The shop vac won't suck up any hydraulic fluid? Should I ducttape the shop vac piping to the hydraulic fill hole?

/ 250 hr filter change #7  
The shop vac won't suck up any hydraulic fluid? Should I ducttape the shop vac piping to the hydraulic fill hole?

No it won't suck up fluid. yes the tape will work.